𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

note; rewritten 12/07/2021
switched from first person to third person
more detail added

"WHERE THE HELL have you been?"

cindy sighed, her tired eyes looking up into olivia's as she opened the front door. olivia crossed her arms over her chest, an eyebrow cocked to her hairline, her face scarlet with anger.

"do you understand how worried i was to find out that you were taken out of school by a mysterious man?" she raised her voice and as much as cindy hated to admit it, olivia was scary right now. "this is basic common sense, never leave anywhere with some random stranger!"

"he was just someone from my volunteer work," cindy murmured, beginning to walk up the stairs whilst olivia followed. "i'm here now, safe and sound."

she opened the door to her room and set her bag down, inhaling a deep breath. she turned around to face her, and cindy swore that olivia's face was a darker shade of crimson that it was a moment ago.

"and what? that's supposed to just make everything okay?" she slammed the room door shut and cindy flinched as olivia took a step forward, shoving her index finger in her face. "never, will you do anything like this ever again! from now on, you will come straight back home after school until you can prove to me that i can trust you again. no more 'volunteer work.'"

with a huff, cindy plopped down onto her bed, her fingers weaving through her noir tendrils.

"listen, i'm sorry!" she apologized, the weight on top of her chest feeling even heavier than before.

"a sorry won't cut it cindy," she replied coldly. "and in the meantime, i'm taking your phone."

olivia turned around, walking towards the door, making sure to grab cindy's phone from her backpack's side pocket before she exited the room.

great.

she laid sprawled on the mattress, gazing up at her ceiling. the events from yesterday replayed over and over in her head and even though she should've been pissed off at olivia, even at clint barton and steve rogers for getting her in trouble— she smiled. she couldn't believe she did that. she had just fought half of the avengers alongside captain freaking america.

she did, however, ponder over the question she'd been asking herself ever since she came across him at the german airport.

who was under the mask of the spider dude?

he sounded oddly familiar— so familiar— but she couldn't put her finger on who it could be.

"i feel like i know you too," he had told her. if he had the same feeling as she did towards him, maybe it means they had met before? it was definitely possible, perhaps she should start paying attention when she goes to school the next day.

she turned onto her side, staring outside her rusty bedroom window. the sun had long gone passed the buildings in front of it, the darkness slowly taking over the sky. she continued to stare into the nothingness, until her eyes eventually closed on their own.

_________________

"so, where did you go?" ella questioned as cindy trudged down the hallway towards her locker.

"just out of town," she lied, grabbing her books out from her locker. "he was someone from work. was just showing me something in brooklyn."

ella frowned, furrowing her eyebrows.