𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

note; rewritten 12/04/2021
switched from first person to third person
more detail added

"WHAT TIME ZONE is this?" scott asked, his voice groggy from the deep sleep he'd just been in, his knuckles rubbing at his heavy eyelids. cindy did the same, stretching out her tired muscles.

"i don't even know," she replied, furrowing her eyebrows whilst checking out their surroundings. they'd been taken to an abandoned building? her eyes followed clint as he walked by, stretching out his own muscles, perhaps even more tired than cindy and scott. "where are we? you wouldn't tell us anything."

"germany."

"g-germany?" scott exclaimed, his eyes widening. "you do realize tomorrow's my day with my daughter? i can't miss out on that."

"and i got like, homework to do," she muttered, shaking my head. "why couldn't you all have found a more convenient place to have your little cat fight?"

"come on," clint grunted, motioning his head the other way, ignoring both of their protests. cindy and scott exchanged identical puzzled looks, their feet carrying them away from the van before their brains could even process that they needed to move.

cindy must've zoned out, much too preoccupied with rubbing the sleepiness away from her eyes, that she somehow missed the very important person standing before them, awaiting their arrival. that was, until scott's has hung open and he emitted a gasp, slapping a palm to his chest.

"captain america," scott was practically drooling at the sight of the hero, cindy's eyelids snapping open as she turned to the man in front of them. there was absolutely no way this was real.

"mr. lang," captain america nodded his head, before looking down at the meek, little teenaged girl, who felt very much out of place at the moment. "and cindy moon."

steve rogers' smile was blinding, she swore she could even see his teeth glistening even under the faint daylight. he stuck his hand out towards her, a gesture her brain almost just couldn't process— she couldn't tell if it was because of the weariness or because of the fact that she was standing in front of captain america. she hesitated before slipping her hand in his, giving it a firm shake. he replicated the same gesture with scott, and admittedly, cindy couldn't pry her eyes away. he was even more beautiful in person.

"it's an honor," scott beamed, gasping as he stared into his eyes for perhaps maybe too long. "i'm shaking your hand too long. wow, this is awesome."

"scott, control yourself, buddy," cindy chimed in, slapping a palm on his shoulder. "don't wanna embarrass yourself in front of the big boys now, do you?"

"i know you too, you're great," scott ignored her, pointing to a woman standing behind steve. cindy leaned to catch a better glimpse of the woman, her heart pounding against her chest. she'd remember seeing her on the news— wanda maximoff, her name was. "geez. look, i wanted to say i know you have a lot of super people so... thanks for thinking of me."

cindy couldn't suppress the urge to roll her eyes, folding her arms over her chest to keep them preoccupied. she trembled underneath the eyes of the avengers— to be even standing in the presence of them was honorary enough.

"hey man," scott's grin widened as he nodded his head over to another man— falcon, she recognized him to be.

"what's up tic tac," falcon greeted him— rather coldly, actually— his arms folded over his chest. his lips were pressed into a firm, thin line and somehow, cindy got the feeling this wasn't the first time they'd seen each other.