𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

note; rewritten 01/14/2022
switched from first person to third person
more detail added

"THERE IS NO way that i am going to be tony stark's little poster child!" cindy shouted as happy latched onto her shoulders, pushing her down into the car as tony slipped in from the other side. "for all i know, this could be a trap! you could just be taking me to jail!"

"i'm not going to do that," tony sighed, buckling his seatbelt and pinching the bridge of his nose. "so for the love of god, please shut up."

"no!" cindy screeched, trying to unlock the door only for happy to lock it once again. "olivia! olivia!"

"she can't do anything about it," tony spoke whilst he waved goodbye to olivia. "she's not your legal guardian anymore. so i'm not gonna tell you again to shut up."

cindy sighed in utter defeat, her arms crossing over her chest, happy slamming her door shut. she could see his lips move as he grumbled and cursed under his breath, making his way over to the other side.

"why do you even wanna take me in anyways? i didn't take your side," she spat at him, her glare a dagger into his skin.

"it's a shame for powers like yours to go to waste," he spoke. "as long as you can handle the big leagues."

he reached into his coat pocket, her phone between his fingers and she practically lunged for it, scrolling through her notifications.

"she gave it to me before we left," he said, referring to olivia. "you're not very popular, you know."

"what's that supposed to mean?" she sharpened her glare, texting ella to let her know that— at the very least of all that was going on right now— she had gotten her phone back.

"i mean, you only get texts from like one person," he scoffed. "sad."

she scowled once more, scrolling through the rest of her notifications.

one motivation piqued her interest, her eyebrow rising to her hairline in something she can't pinpoint as being shock or suspicion.

instagram
from peteyparker: what did mr stark need with you?

____________________

"no."

her arms crossed over her chest, tony and happy both eclipsing the sunlight peeking through from the open car door. with his thumb and forefinger, tony massaged the bridge of his nose, eyelids squinted shut in attempt to ease the ache in his head.

"i'm not going to ask you again to get out of the car," tony snapped, his patience running thin. "out of the car, now!"

"no, you can't make me," she spat back, squeezing her arms closer to her chest.

"actually, i can," he replied as he quickly unbuckled her seat belt, her legs immediately springing into action, kicking back against his stomach. he grunted, grabbing onto her ankles, happy standing by and watching as the scene unfolded.

"let go!" she shrieked, her arm outstretching towards his head, silk shooting out from her fingertips and towards his forehead. she tugged as soon as they attached to his forehead, slamming his head down against the top of the door.

his fingers unlatched from her ankles, holding his forehead in the palm of his hand, murmuring a string of curses underneath his breath.

"what's it gonna take for you to get out of this car?" he questioned. "money? how much do you want?"