Chapter 2

Warning/s- swearing.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I wake up from the faint light shining though the small window in my tent. I open the tent door and look around.

It's still really dark outside but I can make out the area around me.

The fires gone out with the ashes still red hot and glowing. Pastries leaned against a tree, sleeping, and Espressos tent starts to shuffle and move.

Madeline walks out of Espressos tent and stumbles into his own.

I go back into my own tent and sit there for a bit before coming back out.

When I come back out I see Espresso shifting his clothes on his body.

I stand up and untie Dandy from the tree, holding onto the reins.

"You haven't seen Madeline this morning, have you?" Espresso asks.

I shake my head, lying, and turn my back towards him. I smile to myself as I stroke Dandy's nose.

I pull my sword out from the tent and attach it to my hip. I saddle Dandy and jump onto her back.

"Are you ready?" I ask, looking over to Espresso.

He nods and jumps on his own horse, flicking the reins.

The horses break into a run as we leave the camp. It doesn't take too long to get to the Tower. Around 15 minutes.

We know we're close because the horses refuse to keep going forward. We stop there and stare at the Tower. It was extremely big. Bigger than I expected. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (a/n- apologies).

"Should we split up?" I ask, looking over at Espresso.

He frowns, staring at the Tower, and slowly nods.

"It'll be best. Meet back here in 10." He says before directing his horse away from me.

I start going the opposite direction to him and look around. There wasn't much to see. The most interesting thing was a large wall with barbed wire across the top.

I get to an area which looks a bit like a gate and stop in the bushes.

The gate opens and many cakes run out. All different varieties.

"Stand guard! Make sure no one comes near the tower!" Someone shouts. I look through the trees I'm in and realise it's the cookie from yesterday.

I try moving Dandy away from the gate but she freaks out and throws me off and runs away.

"Stupid horse." I mumble to myself. I then realise she would've made a really loud noise and start to panic.

I stand up and find the cookie is looking in my direction.

I go to run off before being tackled down by a cake. I try crawling out of its grasp, which doesn't work, and the cookie lifts me up by my collar.

"Espresso help! Help- mphh!" I shout before getting my mouth covered.

"What did I say yesterday?" The cookie snarls into my ear.

"Y/n!" I hear Espresso shout in the distance.

I kick the cookie in the stomach and break off running. That is before the blunt side of his sword comes in contact with my head, knocking me out.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I wake up with a pain in my head. I go to stand up before realising I'm chained to the wall by the neck. I go to move my arms and realise they're chained behind my back as well.