Chapter 19

Warning/s- none

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I wake up in a cold sweat. I rub my face and groan in annoyance. I open my tent and sigh, looking up. The suns slowly starting to rise through the trees and I stand up, stretching.

This is too early to wake up. I look down at the still hot coals on my makeshift fireplace. I stomp on them so they completely go out and start to pack up camp.

I decide to leave Dandy. I feel bad leaving her here but there's not much else I can do. I'm close enough to the Tower so I may as well just walk.

I start off walking in the direction of the Tower, not really having a plan. I'm basically just getting asked to get captured. I mean, it can't be that bad being back at the Tower. No harm in being optimistic, right?

I crouch behind a bush and watch the Tower from a distance. Like always, its well guarded all around the borders. I groan and rub my face. I could just get caught. Then they would take me to the Tower. But they could kill me instead...

I flip my head around in panic. The bushes behind me started to move. Panic rises in me. I go to reach for my sword and curse myself. I left it at camp with Dandy.

"Who's there?" I ask into the bushes. Red Velvet steps in front of me and I stumble backwards in shock.

"What are you doing here?!" I aggressively whisper to him.

"I was watching you." He says back plainly.

"Don't you think that's creepy?" I ask back.

"You weren't lying about me knowing you, were you?" He asks, ignoring my question.

"I- why would I lie about that?" I ask back, confused.

"Dark Enchantress hooked this machine onto me and I think it's why I can't remember you." He says. I nod, frowning at the floor. He sits down in front of me and looks at me intently.

"Are we actually... together?" He asks, putting his hand on my knee. I look down at his hand then up at him.

"Yes. Can you really remember nothing at all?" I ask. He shakes his head and I sigh.

"How long have we been together?" He asks.

"Aah... a week, two weeks? Somewhere around that time." I respond. He's still staring at me, making me feel a bit strange.

"I can remember a little bit, here and there. Not much though. The machine obviously didn't work that well." He mumbles. He stares down at the floor sadly, removing his hand.

"Hey, it's ok. You'll remember soon." I say as comforting as possible. He sadly smiles up at me and I smile back.

"Can I come to the Tower with you?" I ask. Panic fills his face and he shakes his head.

"You can't. They'll kill you." He says.

"Can you come with me?" I ask. He shakes his head once again.

"They'll still kill you." He says back. I look down at the floor, trying to think of something.

"What if you sneak out one night. They'll still hurt me though... hm. What if... I convince people in the kingdom to come help save you so we'll both have protection?" I ask. Looking up at him.

"That could work. No one would be convinced though. But you could still try." He says back. I nod and smile at him.

"So what do you remember?" I ask. He looks at the floor and slightly blushes.