Chapter 18

Warning/s-none

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I wake up to an empty room. I stand up and open the door, revealing an empty room. I walk around the house looking for Red Velvet. I accidentally wake up Tiger Lily and Werewolf as I look for him.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" Werewolf asks in panic.

"He left! He left without telling me!" I shout. I run my fingers through my hair and storm to my room.

"You can't do anything about it." Werewolf says, following me.

"Yes I can." I say firmly. I grab a bag and fill it with important stuff that I would need. I pack food, money, a spare pair of clothes and a tent.

"Y/n you shouldn't be doing this." Werewolf says, watching me.

"I don't care." I snap back.

I grab my sword and walk outside to the stables. I saddle Dandy and hop on her back. I flick the reins and she breaks off into a run.

I leave the kingdom with guards yelling out for me. I ignore them and continue to the Tower. It doesn't take long to get there. An hour or so. I went the long way so I could avoid any potential threats.

I set up camp and decide to spend the day here, planning out what I'm going to do. I walk around to collect sticks and wood for a fire. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm going to have to get myself caught. It's the only way I'll manage to get in there.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I groan in pain, head throbbing. I've had this machine attached to my head all night. It was the most painful thing I've experienced lately. Why was Dark Enchantress doing this? Did I do something wrong?

"Red Velvet. You've woken up finally." She says to me.

I look up at her, my vision spinning. She's a blur of colour and my eyes are refusing to focus.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask her.

"Why wouldn't I? You did betray me after all." She says. Betrayed her? When would've I done that?

"I don't know what you're talking about, Dark Enchantress." I say back. She bends down and smiles an evil smile.

"Let me ask you this. Do you know who Y/n cookie is?" She asks. My forehead creases as I try thinking of who that could me.

"Sorry mam, but I don't know who you're talking about."

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"I love you, Y/n." Someone whispers to me. I wake myself up and look around.

It's gotten dark. I lit the fire a few hours ago and I assume I ended up drifting off. I stand up and rub my face. What was I dreaming about?

That wasn't a dream, it actually happened. I pace around the camp, trying to think. Who would say those words?

I stop walking and realise who said it. Red Velvet. He must've said it before he left. I feel a pain in my chest. A mix of sadness and guilt. I never got to say it back to him.

I frustrate myself and storm back over to the fire, sitting myself down. I pull out some food and start to eat. There's not much I can do.

A bush rustles and I turn my head to face it, tight grip on my sword. I stand up and slowly walk towards the bush, sword raised.

"Who's there?" I shout.

"Better question, why are you at the Tower?" A voice says back. The cookie steps out and I gasp in shock, lowering my sword.

"Red Velvet!" I shout excitedly. He looks at me confused and shakes his head.

"How do you know my name!?" He shouts, pointing his sword at me.

"I-it's me! Y/n cookie!" I plead back. He reacts to my name but not in a good way.

"So you're the one I've heard about. Why are you at the Tower?" He demands.

"Don't you remember? You lived with me! You saved me and my brother! How do you not know me!" I shout at him, tears stinging my eyes.

"I've never seen you before." He says, looking at me confused.

"We're dating for Christ's sake! You said you loved me last night! How do you not remember me?" I ask, the tears starting to stream down my face.

"Y-you're mistaken! I've never seen you before." He says back.

"Cmon, you have to remember something!" I plead.

"I need to go. Stay away from the Tower." He says before running off.

I wipe my eyes and crawl into my tent. He doesn't remember me. They've done something to him. You can't just forget a person when you saw them the day before.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Who were they? Why did they think we know each other? I shake my head and walk to my bedroom. An image flashes in my head and I stop walking.

It was that Y/n cookie, but it wasn't from before. It was them smiling up at me. Confusion fills me as I walk into my room.

Another image flashes. This time it's them sleeping in my arms. I have this urge to go to them.

An image of their face flashes before me. Their hair all neat and tidy, e/c eyes looking at me and their mouth curled into a smile. I had another urge to go back to them, but this time it was stronger and more intense. I had this urge to kiss them. The last image I have is me looking down at them sleeping.

"I love you, Y/n." I hear myself say. I stumble backwards onto my bed in shock. No way this is real. They're doing something to me. Chiffon crawls onto my lap and I stroke up and down his back.

"Do you know Y/n?" I ask the dog. He sits up excitedly and wags his tail, barking.

So they weren't lying. But why can't I remember them or who they are? Was it because of what Dark Enchantress was doing to me?

I push the thoughts away. It's best to figure it out tomorrow. I'm confused about what I'm thinking. None of this actually happened with Y/n. Did it? It's not possible. I've been at the Tower this whole time... I think?