chapter 21

Warning/s- sleep paralysis, death.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

I've been bed ridden for about 2 weeks so far. It's not that bad but god is it boring. I spend a lot of time with Red Velvet at least. Apparently my wound is quite deep but not deep enough to affect my internal organs. It will leave permanent scarring, since no magic is able to heal it.

I've been able to sit up recently, with Red Velvets help. I'm healing really fast apparently, which is good. I seriously hate sitting here all day.

"Need anything?" Red Velvet asks. I shake my head and smile.

It's been really hard sleeping the past few nights. Red Velvet and I haven't been able to cuddle because of my lack of movement so we've just been falling asleep either holding hands or his palm resting on the side of my face.

"We're going to try walking today. Or at least stand." He says, tracing circles onto my hand with his finger.

"What?" I ask, slightly panicked.

"You're ready." He says, smiling at me.

"Hah! No." I say, frowning.

"C'mon." He says standing up.

He picks me up and slowly stands me up on my feet. He holds my waist, helping me balance, and I hold onto his arms. He tries letting go and I hold his arms tighter, glaring at him.

"You wont recover if you can't do it by yourself. I'll be here to catch you if you fall." He says sternly, letting go. I look at him anxiously before agreeing, letting go slowly.

I wobble a little before regaining stability. I look up at Red Velvet excitedly and he looks back at me exactly the same way.

"Im doing it!" I shout. he cups my face and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back.

He pulls away and smiles at me. He places me back on the bed and sits next to me. He intertwines our fingers together and I smile at him.

"Tomorrow we could try walking. And then maybe we could start cuddling again." He says. I giggle and he leans in, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you." He says.

"I know. You've been telling me a lot lately. I love you too." I say back.

"I'm sorry for leaving. And what I said to you when I didn't have my memory." He mumbles sadly.

"You've been telling me that a lot lately as well. We don't need to worry about it anymore. You're with me now." I say.

"You get really uneasy when you sleep. Are you okay?" He asks, looking at me.

"Yes." I say hesitantly. He looks at me, unconvinced, and nods.

I haven't been. I've been having reoccurring nightmares since being back home. It's where we're escaping but Red Velvet gets stabbed straight through his stomach. I'm unable to wake up, unable to move. So I just have to stand there and watch him die.

I can't tell him any of this. It'll worry him to much. He's already worrying enough about me. I squeeze his hand slightly and smile at him.

"What time is it?" I ask him.

"Last I checked it was around 6. Why?" He says. I've been getting extremely tired a lot earlier since getting injured. The healers say its my body's way of healing itself naturally, which I think is absolutely stupid.

"Are you tired?" He asks.

"Mmm, yeah." I mumble back, trying to keep myself from falling asleep.

"You can sleep." He whispers, giving me a small kiss on the cheek. I smile as I fully fall asleep, Red Velvet's fingers tracing up and down my arm.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"Red Velvet please! You need to come with us!" I shout, grabbing his arm.

We run through the Tower before it happens. The sword goes straight through his stomach, poking out the other side.

"Red Velvet! No!" I shout. Tears stinging my eyes. His shaky hands go to touch the sword and hesitantly freeze. He looks at me with horrified eyes, jam slowly drizzling out of his mouth.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asks. I watch his eyes drift down to the hilt of the sword. I follow them, looking down at my hands.

"Why are you killing me?" He questions.

I try move my hands off the sword, only stabbing it deeper into him. His eyes roll back into his skull, leaving white and black in his eye sockets.

I wake up in a cold sweat, gasping for air. I try moving, but I'm stuck to the bed, almost like I'm tied down.

Red Velvets standing next to the bed, but something seems off. I look at him in panic, unable to speak.

"You've done this to me." He says, aggressively. I look at him confused and he just smiles this aggressive, sadistic smile.

"You've ruined me. I'm nothing anymore. I don't need you. No one does. You're an annoyance." He says, wrapping his hands around my neck.

I start to choke, unable to try stop him. He starts to squeeze harder, staring into my eyes. I feel my neck start cracking and start to black out. That's what's off about him. His eyes are rolled back into his head.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"Y/n, snap out of this!" Red Velvet shouts, shaking me awake. I open my eyes and gasp for air.

I'm in a sitting position, Red Velvet sitting in front of me. He's crying. He wraps his arms around me and cries softly into my shoulder. I stare straight ahead in shock.

"What happened? You were shouting and you stopped breathing!" He asks pulling away, pain in his voice.

"You." I mumble. He looks at me confused and shakes his head. That was the only word I could manage to get out of my mouth at this current moment.

"What are you talking about?" he asks, confused.

"It was you. You were choking me." I mumble back, making eye contact.

"What? I was trying to wake you up?" He asks back, even more confused.

"It wasn't actually you. I killed you. I wasn't able to move and you came, saying you didn't need me." I say, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Hey, you're okay now. It wasn't real. I could never hurt you." He says, cupping my face and wiping my tears.

He brings me into a hug again, rubbing my back. I rest my head on his shoulder and sniffle.

"Do you want to talk about it now or later?" He asks.

"Later." I mumble back.

He lays me down and tries his best to hug me comfortably. He rests his head on my chest and wraps his arm around my lower waist.

I felt bad. I scared Red Velvet. I've scared myself. My dreams haven't gotten this bad. I didn't want to tell him about what happened but I'll eventually have to. I don't have a choice.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

So updates may come to a slow over the next few weeks cause I found out today my dads dead.
I'll try to keep updates frequent but it might be hard so apologies.