my christmas list

🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚

"So" I fall down onto Lukes bed which is quite comfortable. His room having quite a Christmas themed look. A small green tree in the corner and a bunch of lights. Makes me sick.

"So" He repeats, sitting on the blue bean bag in the corner of his room, "You said you wanted to talk?"

I nod and sit up. I grab a throw pillow and hug onto it. "Yeah. We need to talk about the... conditions on this relationship"

Luke nods and clicks his tongue, "Yeah, Reggie kinda put us on the spot"

I nod, "After what you put him through? You deserve it" With a rolled eye.

"Ok for the record-"

"Look, I don't wanna talk about your past before we met" I raise a hand.

"Can we talk about it though? About any of this" He waves his hands around, "We can't keep things and you clearly have opinions about us"

"You and Reggie were together, you broke up with him, he was a wreck after" I shake my head and try not to get emotional about it.

"You weren't even friends at the time. It meant nothing between us, nothing" He groans, rolling his eyes, "If it means anything to you, I apologized to him before he and Alex started dating"

I sigh and nod, "Ok yeah. I think I held onto this much longer than it should've"

"You did. Anyways, that's against the point. Why don't we talk about-"

"LUCAS!"

The door swings open and standing in the doorway is... Carrie?

"What do you want?" Luke groans as he rolls his eyes- what the fuck is she doing here?

"Why didn't you tell me that you" Her finger cocks in his direction, "And little miss grumps" Her finger points towards me, "Are DATING?!"

"How'd you find out?" Is all he answers.

"Everyone knows. Every. Body. Even some of Noël's friends heard about it. People in other GRADES know" Carrie walks in with her cropped cardigan sliding off her shoulder.

"Be my guest, come in" Luke rolls his eyes, "Yeah, Julie and I are together. What's it to you?"

Carrie sits on the edge of the bed, eyeing me, "Since when did you wanna date Mister Christmas?"

I freeze and look down to the throw blanket on the edge of his bed, "Carrie, go away and leave her alone. Go see your girlfriend or whatever"

Suddenly my eyes snap up in a confused look, "You're into women?"

Carrie and Luke burst into laughter, "Nah, just dating one. I'm still confused as all hell to what I am"

Luke stands up and stands beside me, his hands going to my shoulders, "Care, think it's time to go"

Carrie sucks on her tongue before skipping out, "Door stays open, no babies any time soon" And with that, she's gone.

I look over to Luke and raise an eyebrow, "She looked... comfortable"

Luke hangs his head before taking a seat infront of me, "I- I didn't want people to know. Neither of us really did"

I guess my reaction is enough to make him understand I'm confused, "Carrie's my step sister. You know what happened with my father. Her mother passed away during childbirth. Our parents- y'a know, the whole fell in love thing-"