christmas tree farm

🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛

I roll out of bed, rub my eyes. It's Thursday, Christmas is in nine days- not that I'm keeping track or anything.

Let's just say after Luke left, I had a rough night. Not necessarily because of my grandparents, they have to much pride to say anything. It was just because-

I pick up my phone and eyes shoot wide open. "Fuck" I curse.

7:16

Ontop of being late, I have a snap from Luke, sent a minute ago. He's supposed to be picking me up- Aw hell no.

I send him a black screen back with the text 'Don't be on your phone while driving

I send him a black screen back with the text 'Don't be on your phone while driving. I kinda like you and don't want you to die' which gets opened quickly with no response. "Good" I mumble to myself, "Get here safe" My voice more to a whisper.

The time hits me and I run to the bathroom quickly. Throw my hair into a pony tail of sorts. I apply concealer over acne and dark bags then curl my lashes, winged eye liner and mascara. That's good enough.

I run into my room, grab a shirt, sweatpants and a flannel and run down the stairs just in time to hear Luke honking his horn.

I skip off the porch and see Luke leaning against his cars passenger door. His hood no longer tied around his head but handing loosely behind his neck, "Morning mamas"

I shake my body in cringe, "Don't say that. It's icky" I stick my tongue out and laugh.

"You ready to get this show on the road then?" He opens the door and takes my hand to help me in.

"Where exactly are we going? Doesn't sound like schools in the picture"

"A surprise, I swear you'll like it ok? Promise you" He smiles widely as he circles round to the drivers side. He pulls off his hoodie and throws it into the back seat. Under it is a white t-shirt.

His shirt has a little, purple, embroidered, penguin with a Christmas hat and a candy cane in its hand, all sitting on his left peck. Usually that would annoy me but I think Luke is making my old 'I'll throw up if I think about Christmas' mentality and changing it to 'I hate it but you can like it'.

I lean back in his car, backpack between my feet as I close my eyes and lean my head against the window. After last night, didn't sleep well.

Two arms slip under my legs and I feel weightless as I am carried- wait. "Luke?" My tired voice croaks as I push my head into the wall beside me. My eyes stay closed however.

"Shhh" He shushes quietly, "Go back to sleep" And I comply.

The sound of Lukes guitar wakes me up, hearing it faintly across the room. His voice smooth like butter, the words just sliding out of his mouth all natural. Then-