8: Absolute Disarray

While Heartbroken made her way downstairs to inform Athena of her departure, the rest were upstairs trying to understand what had happened between her and Neil.

"So you wanted her to go with you to the mall?" Jay asked.
Neil turned away, "yeah, but she refused! She isn't a big fan of it or something." Jay rolled his eyes at the comment before realizing Heartbroken was no longer in the room.
"Wait, where is Heartbroken?" He asked in a panic. The rest glanced around in bewilderment.
"Did she leave?" Archie asked. Theresa tried to sense the newest hero's presence but could only detect a tiny sliver.
"Not yet, but she's close." She informed with slight alarm in her voice. Panicked, the team ran downstairs, hoping to catch the newest member in time. But, unfortunately, they had just missed her.
"Athena, where was she heading?" The goddess finished her last batch of onions and then turned to the teenagers.
"I was informed to let you know that Heartbroken has gone to meet with her friends and will be back very soon." Jay sighed in frustration but understood that he'd have to trust the singer.

Meanwhile, after Heartbroken had run away from the oracle, a dark shadow appeared moments later

"Cronus, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" The oracle asked in his usual monotone voice.
"Do you have to ask? Or has time spent with the mortals weakened you?" Cronus questioned with a grin. The oracle did not react and chose to wait for the God of Time to state his demands.
"Very well then. I want to know why there was another mortal among the heroes." The oracle heaved a long sigh, glanced at his surroundings, and removed his shades, revealing his glowing blue eyes again.
"A new hero has joined. The descendant of a god with renowned wisdom. Be warned, for they are the key to impending darkness." As the Oracle relayed the new prophecy, Cronus' expression darkened. It was apparent what the impending darkness represented, or rather who. It was him. Who else could wreak havoc upon the heroes' world? Either way, the apparent new 'hero' would be a part of its downfall. And Cronus knew he'd have to eliminate them.
"Well, if that is all, I shall take my leave. Goodbye, Oracle."As usual, the oracle did not respond. Scoffing, Cronus took his leave.