4: Eight Heroes

The now eight heroes ran down the hall while following Hermes, and the guy was surprisingly fast.

When they reached his office, Hermes directed them to the active portal.
"Alright, kids, go on; the coordinates have been set. Good luck."
Before jumping through, Heartbroken felt a tap on her shoulder.
"Take these, my dear; I'm sure they will come in handy." Hermes placed a large sack into her hands.
"Thank you, sir."

Once everyone made it through, they could hear loud animal cries, "I think that's the griffin." Jay called out. "Come on!" After climbing up a steep mountain, Jay caught sight of Cronus talking with two giants while three others kept an eye on the bird.
"Ok, we need to get that griffin free. After that, deal with Cronus."
"Jay, what's Heartbroken gonna do?" Neil inquired.
"She could help me and Atlanta drive the giants away," Archie suggested.
"We should let her stay back. Just in case things go south." Theresa added.
Jay pondered both ideas; each one had its pros and cons.
"Theresa has a point, but so does Archie."
With the decision becoming the main focus, the team didn't notice two of the giants coming closer.
"Hey, guys!" Heartbroken called out fearfully. She ran behind two large boulders as the giants advanced toward her new friends. She tried to warn them again, but it was too late. Cronus appeared in front of the group.
"Well, now, this is exciting. I've managed to capture a griffin, and now the heroes are here. Haha, oh, I'm having a good day."
Cronus levitated their weapons away before the heroes could do anything and teleported the now weaponless team into a cage.
"Well, I believe it's time to collect my other prize." The god said with a laugh.

Heartbroken didn't stick around and ran towards the griffin and its other captors; she threw a rock over a couple of bushes. The giants heard it and walked over. Seeing that her efforts had worked, Heartbroken advanced toward the giant bird.
"Hey, it's ok. I'm with Jay and Hermes." She told the creature. "Now let's see if I can get you free."
The griffin stayed still while Heartbroken took out a bobby pin, "never thought knowin' how to pick a lock would be so useful."
Finally, she managed to break it just as the giants returned.
"Uh oh."
The giants chuckled at seeing the defenseless girl but then screamed as the griffin attacked, alerting Cronus, who teleported right behind Heartbroken. The girl darted directly behind the griffin. That's when she remembered the sack Hermes had given her. Unfortunately, all it contained was a rusty bow and arrows, fantastic. Even though this was a nice gesture, it didn't seem ideal for taking down a god. Heartbroken looked up to see Cronus moving closer.
Looks like I'll be using my fists.
Heartbroken moved in front of the bird and took a defensive stand. Seeing this, Cronus laughed.
"Ha, a girl playing hero! Which, by the way, why is there another mortal here?" He questioned.
"None of your business, you creep. Now, are we going to fight?" Heartbroken inquired venomously.
"Dear, have you ever done your research? I am the god of time!" Cronus declared, "you're a mortal, so it'd be easy—" He didn't get to finish his sentence as he felt a strong force hit him. "Hiya!" Heartbroken kicked Cronus in the stomach, sending the god into a nearby tree. Taking the chance, she jumped onto the griffin.
"Let's grab that cage and get outta here!" Following directions, the griffin took off, grabbed the cage with the heroes inside, and flew away quickly. Cronus looked up, his eyes widening.
"No! Impossible! A mortal just beat me. A normal non-hero mortal! Grr, I'm going to pay a visit to the oracle. You boys go back to scouting for another griffin."
Cronus stared at the sky with disgust as his portal appeared. "I'm going to find out who you are, little girl. Then I'll destroy you!"

Sorry, it took so long to update this book

Sorry, it took so long to update this book. But now I'm back on track! So stay amazing and see you next chapter! Bye!