10: Whole Once Again

Jay had been pacing for almost two hours, and it was beginning to annoy the rest of his teammates.
"Agh, will you stop pacing?" Atlanta asked.
Of course, the teenage team leader robot didn't respond.
"Jay, you need to calm down, I'm sure Heartbroken is on her way." Theresa told him.
"Can you try and find her?" He asked the blonde.
"I could try. But don't get your hopes up." She warned. Jay nodded and sat on the couch next to Odie and Harry. Theresa closed her eyes and tried to find the newest member. Unfortunately, the connection wasn't strong because she had only met Heartbroken a little while ago. As Theresa was about to give up, she got a bite. An image of the school appeared, but a dark shadow began swallowing it. A laugh she knew all too well echoed in her ears. A scream followed. A few seconds later, the vision was over. Theresa was now gasping for air, and her eyes were wide with terror.
"Theresa? Theresa! What did you see?" Jay asked.
"It's Cronus. He knows about her, and he plans to destroy her. She's at school." The rest looked at one another in panic. They knew it wouldn't be long before the God of Time knew about the newest recruit but that fast?
"The Oracle must have spilled the beans!" Archie yelled.
"Yeah, but you have to remember that Cronus already had a run-in with Heartbroken earlier. The Oracle only verified his suspicions," said Odie in a matter of fact tone.
"It doesn't matter who told him. We need to get to Heartbroken before it's too late."
Everyone nodded and ran towards the door. They quickly loaded up in Harry's car and then took off. Harry didn't bother to check his speed limit. He knew time was running out. Plus, Jay was practically yelling at him to speed up.

Finally the team arrived at the school. When Harry hit the brakes, everyone fell forward, which made them very thankful for their seatbelts. Everyone got out and ran to the door, through the halls, before arriving at the secret door. Atlanta ripped off her necklace and inserted it into the lock.
The team practically pushed each other through the portal doorway to the home of the gods.
"C'mon, we need to find Heartbroken."
"Maybe, she's with Hermes? Since he would be able to get her back to the brownstone."
"Good thinking Odie. Two of you will go with Odie, and the rest of us will continue searching. When and if you find her, call on your PMR."
The team nodded and everyone except the ones who would accompany Odie followed Jay. Archie and Atlanta volunteered themselves to go with Odie as they reasoned that they were the closest, as of right now, to Heartbroken.

Unfortunately, the Hermes lead was a dead end. Hermes said he had stepped out to stretch his legs and hadn't seen Heartbroken. Meanwhile, the remaining team members hadn't had any luck either. That is until Theresa suggested Chiron.
"It's worth a shot," Jay told her, and he then let Odie, Archie, and Atlanta know where they were heading.
"Sounds good," replied Atlanta. "We'll meet you there."

In Chiron's office, Heartbroken and Chiron were having a lovely chat about some of Greek mythology's greatest myths.
"What can you tell me about Cerberus?"
"Oh, Cerberus? The three-headed dog," Chiron questioned with a chuckle. The centaur walked over to his bookshelf and pulled out a thick green book.
"Well, you should first know that he can be as sweet as pie when you walk through the underworld's gates but turn deadly should you try to escape."
"Yikes. Has anyone ever been able to escape?"
"Well, I'm not supposed to say. We gods like to keep a clean record. But, yes, there may have been a few people who managed to slip under Cerberus's radar, but I will not say their names."
"That's alright, but I admire their courage to attempt an escape."
"As do I. But, you should never try to cheat death, young lady. Do not forget that."
"I will not."
At that moment, Jay and the other teammates, except for Odie, Atlanta and Archie, walked into the room.
"Hi, Chiron. We were wondering if you'd seen Heartbroken?"
"Hello Jay. I'm sorry I didn't come back to the brownstone. You see, I completely forgot to record the address before I left. So I decided to go to the only other place that could be considered a haven."
"Hey, it's no problem. The situation is partly my fault. I should have gone over the addresses and given you a PMR."
"A PMR?"
"It's a communication device that Odie made.""
"Oh. By the way where are Odie, Atlanta and Archie?"
"They'll be here soon, they were with Hermes. We thought you'd gone to see him."
"I tried but I couldn't find him nor his office."
"Yeah, he said he needed to stretch his legs for a bit so he wasn't in his office."
"Oh."

A few minutes later Atlanta, Odie and Archie joined the group and they all decided it was time to head back to the brownstone as it was rather late and they didn't want to keep the kind Centaur awake.
"Goodbye Chiron, it was lovely to meet you."
"Likewise. I do hope to see you sometime again."
"As do I."
The group departed from the home of the gods and then made their way back to the brownstone.

Alright, and that wraps up chapter 10! Honestly the ending to the chapter wasn't what I had in mind but it was already becoming a long chapter so I figured I'd tie up loose ends in the next one

Alright, and that wraps up chapter 10! Honestly the ending to the chapter wasn't what I had in mind but it was already becoming a long chapter so I figured I'd tie up loose ends in the next one. Until then readers, stay amazing and see you next chapter! Bye!