Eruption 7 - The Last Straw

3rd Person Pov

Onyx: "Yo Mei-babes did I solve this right?"

Mei: "Which one? Hmm, yes that's correct but don't forget the working."

Onyx: *sigh* "Right..."

Kiana/Bronya: "Hmm..."

Bronya and Kiana were staring at the former two who were studying with them and observed how closer they seemed. It wasn't even just this day, over the past couple of days the two noticed how Onyx and Mei got along better than before, Bronya saw this as an absolute win as it meant Onyx would possibly begin opening up to her as well. While they did play a few games she didn't know all that much about him, he'd keep to himself and only interact only when necessary. She couldn't blame him as he was the only boy in the dorm.

However, Kiana saw this in a negative light as it meant that she'd have a harder time getting him kicked from their dorm. Along with the fact that he would give Mei endearing pet names, which she saw as attempts to "seduce" her Mei-senpai. Though Onyx obviously had no intention of doing so and Mei understanding that it was harmless. He also never actively engaged with her not wanting a fruitless confrontation.

Looking at Onyx and Mei again the former said something that made the latter chuckle while knurling her with his elbow. A tick mark appeared on the white haired girl's head while she began to clench her pen a bit too hard.

Kiana: 'I really don't like him.'

Timeskip

It was now gym class where everyone was given free reign to train their bodies to their own regime, also known as Himeko's Extra break. Normally Onyx would meditate in a corner but as of lately he had been either weight training or shadow boxing, though today Mei was taking the time to teach him some sword handling per his request. She used what she had learned from Mr HOMU/her father then best applied it to Onyx.

Mei: "Remember to keep your legs apart and bent slightly at the knees, like with bare handed fighting. The stance may be basic but it's the foundation of all fighting."

He did as he was told holding a practice sword in his hands. He followed Mei's instructions along with assisted tips from Seshat, it was a slow process but he gradually began to understand what he was doing. The purple haired girl told him to drop the sword and handed him a barbell.

Mei: "Now grip it like I taught you."

He nodded and followed through with the instructions, his dominant right hand gripping the bar above his left hand. The bar itself weighing 20kg, he shuffled his feet to get into a proper position then looked to Mei.

Mei: "100 swings straight. No body strengthening."

A bead of sweat poured from his head in nervousness but bit the inside of his cheek then nodded. Facing forward he raised his arms above his head then swung it down forward, Bronya came to the side and sat down.

Bronya: "One."

A swish sound was once again heard.

Bronya: "Two."

Mei: "If he messes up start from the top."

The sentence made the boy's arms wobble slightly causing Bronya to start from the top. Kiana snickered at this and saw a good opportunity to bother the teen. She was pretending to do her own training while listening out for Bronya's counting. Onyx didn't find much difficulties until he began to feel the strain in his arms around the 60th rep but made sure to push through the pain for the results that he would want at the end of the day.

However, right as he was about to complete the final swing he felt something heavy crash against the side of his face causing him to drop the barbell and catch himself from nearly falling over. He held the side of head and...