Eruption 9 - Onyx vs Kiana

This book has over 1k reads now... thank you guys.

3rd Person Pov

The sound of laboured breaths could be heard as Onyx was laying on the ground while looking up. He was currently riddled with surface level wounds while Kiana was hunched over with her hands on her knees.

Onyx: 'I've always wanted to know what it'd be like fighting a Valkyrie. How satisfying.'

He then thought back to his now broken relic and reactivated Body Reinforcement to it's third stage where red streaks sparked around him like electricity.

Onyx: 'But I've gotta beat her ass!'

Flashback

Onyx: "So my battlesuit got a special function?"

Mira nodded while Izzy was spinning in her chair with a childish smile.

Mira: "All battlesuits do in order to support the suited Valkyrie."

Onyx: "What can mine do?"

At this Izzy was still spinning as the two watched her with a sweat drop.

Izzy: "Ain't it obvious? It makes ya look hot. Well more hot than ya already are~"

Onyx simply folded his arms unamused while Mira blushed slightly while looking his way. She then shook her head and looked over to her friend.

Mira: "Izzy! Answer seriously!"

The shorter girl stopped spinning and sighed.

Izzy: "Alright, alright, don't get your panties in a twist. That's my job."

Mira: "Izzy!"

Mira then looked over to Onyx who seemed semi shocked at the information. He noticed and put his hands up in surrender.

Onyx: "Ay I don't judge."

Mira: "W-wait I still like men too!"

Her face flushed even more at what she said before covering her face.

Izzy: "Ya can join us on that anytime, I'd like that."

It was now Onyx's face to slightly flush as Mira groaned slightly.

Onyx: "Suit function."

Izzy: "Didn't say no, right well, it's energy storage. It stores kinetic energy from outward attacks and rebound from ya own attacks. Though ya still feel the pain obviously, ya can send the energy outwards for personal use."

Onyx: "Like Black Panther's suit?"

Izzy: *nods* "It's simple but it suits ya style. Call it Karma. With it handling Apophis might be easier."

Flashback End

Kiana: "How's... that?!"

Onyx: "AHH THAT HURT! THIS IS SO DIFFICULT! I'M HUNGRY!"

This had caught everyone off guard from the declarations as red energy was gathering above him in the shape of an orb. He let out a battle cry before he suddenly shot up into the air like a man possessed with some built up Karma. Then after landing on his feet he huffed a bit more before a grin.

Kiana: "Hah? What are you saying, did I hit you too hard in the head?"

She tapped her temple with the nose of her pistol to emphasise on the last point. Onyx jumped at her with another Nuclear Punch ready.