Many Years Later

Your POV

The darkness enters my mind...

I say my goodbyes to my friends and my family...

They selected me to be the first human to sleep and to be awaken up in the future...

But...

Someday, I'm gonna find out the truth.

I look around my surroundings to find myself in a very dark room. Glass scatters everywhere, there's huge cracks on the walls and it's freezing cold. But most importantly...where is everyone? I get out of the containment room and start to search around. But due to the coldness, I've found some extra clothes from another room, they'll keep me warm for a while. I continue to see what around to find anyone until a glimpse of light stops to capture my attention.

I look above the stairs and see two giant metal doors, racking because of some strong wind outside. Finally!...A Way out of this place! I immediately climb up the stairs with excitement, thinking that I might get to see everyone again after all these years. They could probably be looking for me or worried that they think I'm dead or something. But when I opened the doors, a gust of frost hit directly in my face. Almost making fall into the snow.

I looked around the area, it was freezing, the buildings were demolished and taken down and it's deserted with no living person around. Oh, what am I saying?! No one can survive long in this type of weather! Before I can walk further more, I hear a crack underneath my foot. As I look down, I see something buried deep into the snow. I got curious so I dug into the snow and what I found was an ice covered human skull.

I stared at it for a few seconds then it finally hit me. Maybe something or whatever happened a few years ago erased humanity while I was sleeping or did climate change go crazy a bit? I look up and see a planet that looks like Saturn and another one, I don't know. I should probably look for some survivors if there are any. I felt the frozen air hit into my face again and without any thought, I immediately went back into the bunker. Or I can't just build some stuff to survive in this weather.

Probably I can meet some people tomorrow.

...hopefully