Rivals

Jungkook

I hated this. I liked our group and didn't want to merge it with another. Dancing was my life and I didn't want my spotlight stolen by some rival group even if it was for just one project. Why? Why did Mr. Bang think we needed to do this?

Our group, G.C.F., was rapidly gaining in popularity and didn't need or want to join forces with our biggest rivals, Serendipity. I grit my teeth remembering all the tweets and Instagram posts I'd been tagged in recently comparing me to the lead dancer of Serendipity. Park Jimin. If I never heard his name again for the rest of my life it would be too soon.

Unfortunately for me, I would not only be hearing his name a lot very, very soon, but I'd also be dancing with the man in the flesh every day. I'd never met the members of Serendipity despite the constant debating over who the better dance group was on social media and being signed under the same company. I'd never even watched them dance.

Why focus on the competition when I should be improving myself? I told myself time and again when I'd be tempted to see what all the fuss was about. Park Jimin couldn't be that good of a dancer.

Jimin

Jeon Jungkook. Just great. Now not only did I have to be constantly judged against him, I had to dance next to him! Sometimes life was really unfair. Simply out of stubbornness I'd refused to watch Jungkook dance or even look up his pictures on social media. I would not be wasting my time worrying what someone else was doing when I had so much to work on to perfect my own skills.

When Mr. Bang had told the members of Serendipity that we would be performing at a special company event, I was ecstatic. It all came crashing down with the words, "with G.C.F." How could he do this to us? How could he take everything we'd worked for and just add it into some other group?

I hated this. Trying to spin the situation as positively as I could, I thought about the posts I'd been tagged in again. At least I could have a legitimate reason to see my competition in action. Jeon Jungkook couldn't be that good of a dancer.