Invitation

Jungkook

My eyes could not be peeled from Jimin as he had danced during our eighteenth rehearsal. His body moved in smooth, easy motions. His ass...God, his ass. I greedily stared at it while he bent to pack his bag. It was perfect. I wanted him all to myself for a few hours...and soon!

Were we even dating now? I honestly couldn't tell. I had kissed Jimin and we'd gone out to eat twice since, always ending in heated kisses. We hadn't specifically said anything regarding it, but I felt like the implication was there. Jimin was such an enigma, though. He was so open and bold at times, then he would surprise me by being shy or reserved. I wanted to unravel the mystery that was Park Jimin. Maybe he didn't want to date me? Maybe all he wanted were the secreted kisses in the dark.

"Hey Jungkook," a voice interrupted my musings.

"Oh, hey Taehyung. What's up?"

Taehyung toed the floor, avoiding my eyes. "I was just wondering if you'd want to go have dinner with me tonight."

"Well, sure! Sounds like fun!" Jimin's head whipped to glare at us. His reaction confused me.

"Really?" Tae's expression was hopeful and eager.

"Yeah. I mean, it's just dinner, right?" I raised an eyebrow, unsure why the practice room had suddenly quieted and we became the veiled focus of everyone's carefully crafted fake tasks.

"Yes, sure, of course! Whatever you want to do! I'm so excited!" Tae squeezed my upper arm. "It's a date!"

"A...what?" I questioned as he skipped away, picking up his bag.

Jimin

No one besides Hobi knew that we had kissed, but surely my best friend had noticed that something was going on between myself and Jungkook. Why did Taehyung see me drooling over Jungkook and see him flirting back with me, then ask my crush on a date? What upset me more was that Jungkook agreed to go with him. He did seem genuinely puzzled by Tae's request and stunned when Tae called it a date. Maybe he hadn't agreed to it being a date?

We hadn't said we were dating or exclusive. I guess he had the right to go on a date if he had agreed with intention. My mood promptly deteriorated. Jungkook wasn't mine. He could even become Tae's after their date.

The pervasive image of Jungkook kissing Tae the way he'd been kissing me during our dinners out turned my stomach. What if my imagined fears became reality? I gulped back my nausea. My body began to tremble. Jungkook was mine. He should be mine. I didn't want him to be Tae's no matter how much I loved my best friend.