Working ch 6

The ripple of waves (true loves story) ch 6

Working

       Since it was Saturday I had to go to work. I got in the shower, and  after that I put my hair up into a pony tail,  then put on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Wow, I still couldn’t get over the fact that Seth had actually spent the night at my house.

       I started to pack my guard swim suit and hair stuff into a bag. Then I went down stairs to have breakfast and get some snacks to take with me today. I had eggs and bacon, then grabbed an apple and some fish crackers for a snack. I ran upstairs, to finish getting ready. My parents had already left to go see my brother’s soccer game. So the house was quiet. When I got up to my room, I noticed I had a missed call on my phone. I looked at the caller ID and it was Seth.

      After I packed my snacks into my bag I called him back, while also trying to find my car keys. “Hello.” He said.

       “Hello my dear, you called?”  I said in a cheery voice.

     “Well me lady you are cheerful this morning. May I ask what you plan to do today?”  He said in an equally cheery voice.

       “Well I’m getting ready to go to work right now.” I said.

       I could hear he smile in his voice when he said, “The indoor water park. Right?”

      “Yeah that’s the place.”  I replied.

        With a laugh he said, “Well I guess I’ll see you soon then beautiful.”  Then he hung up. What did that mean? Was he going to come to come to my work? After I finally found my keys I had to speed to work so I wasn’t late.

           When I got there I went into the changing rooms and put on my swim suit. As I was coming out I heard the manager talking to someone. Then I heard him say, that’s great! You can start today. When I went into the guard room I could see two of the other guards whispering about something. Then, when I glanced in the manager’s office I saw him. Seth. What was he doing here? He had just gotten a job here as one of the guards. This was going to be ok I told myself. I took a deep breath, then went to go clock in. Wow this would certainly be different now.

         When Seth came out of the manager’s room he was carrying a pair of swim trunks. He flashed me a smile then went into the boys changing rooms. A few minutes later he came out. With only swim trunks on. No shirt. Wow, was all I could think. He walked past me and got a time sheet to clock in. after he was finished he sat down in the chair next to me and asked in a light tone, “ Surprised to see me?”

         “Just a little” I said.

         Then I got up to go check the water in the pool, to make sure the chemicals were ok. Seth followed me out. “So is it a good kind of surprised or a bad?” he asked in a very serious tone.

       “A good kind,” I replied to him.

         He smiled and continued to watch me check the water. The pool would be opening in fifteen minutes. Most of the other guards that were going to be there today were already there. When it was time to open, there were a total of six of us. Seth and I took the first shift, along with one of the other guards; Seth was actually pretty good at it. After about thirty minutes it was someone else’s turn to guard. Seth and I sat down in the chairs near the guard room. He started asking me questions like if I liked working here and stuff like that.

         Then we went back on guard duty thirty minutes later. The pool wasn’t very crowded today so that’s how the day continued until closing time.

         When closing time came, Seth and I stared cleaning up around the pool. Then we changed back into our normal cloths. Seth walked me to my car and said, “Good-bye my sweet.” Then with a quick kiss he was gone.

So how did you like this chapter? It was a little longer than the rest, but there wasn’t a lot of action. Well anyway hope everyone enjoyed it. Keep reading!!!!!!

J itaikitty J