Marshall's Mad Morning

"Marshall," called Mrs. Mundy.
"I'm coming mom!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs. My name is Marshall S. Mundy and I live at home with my mom. My dad is always at work and I never get to see him a lot anymore. It's almost as if I don't have a father at all. The only time I see him is on Wednesday but that's because he has Wednesday off. But besides that my life is pretty normal or WAS until today. As I ran into the kitchen, my mom looked as if she was mad at me.
"You know how loud you were running down those stairs, Marshall?" she said.
"Just a little bit loud," I said looking very confused.
"JUST A LITTLE!!!!!!" she screamed, "YOU WERE SO LOUD THAT YOU COULD HAVE WOKE THE NEIGHBORHOOD UP!!!!!"
"I'm sorry," I said still very confused, "I'll be quieter next time."
"You better," she said, "or else I'll beat you like I did when you were young."

I walked out of the house that day very confused about what had just happened, but I started thinking to myself that it was just she didn't get enough sleep so that's why she was crabby. I got to school that day earlier than I usually do and I was quite surprised when I got scared by none other than my girlfriend, Annabel.
"Hi, Marshall," she said with a laugh as I was still sitting on the ground from how scared I had gotten.
"Hi there, Annabel," I said pulling myself to my feet "you scared me there."
She laughed "Yeah, you should have seen the look on your face it was hilarious!!"
I started to laugh also "Knowing me any face I make is priceless," I said with a smile. Everyone else seemed to be minding their own business so they didn't pay much attention to Annabel and I laughing.
"What's wrong?" she said as if she knew something was wrong.
"Nothing," I said trying not to remember my mom this morning.
"Yes there is, Marshall, and don't try to hide it either because you look as if you want to cry," she said getting very concerned.
"Alright," I said, "my mom was very grumpy this morning and I'm very worried about why she is."
She gave me a look of concern "Are you going to be okay," she said.
"Yeah, I'll be fine," I said, "I just want to know why she is so mad at me." The bell then rang
"Well no time to figure out now," she said, "lets head inside."
"Okay," I said and we headed inside together.