A New Beginning

I found myself in my new bed at the Rogers house. I woke up the next morning to see that Annabel was sitting right next to the bedside in the chair she had put there.
"Feeling better," she said.
"Yes I am actually," I said getting out of bed and into my wheelchair.
"Can I talk to you for a moment, Marshall?" Annabel asked sheepishly.
"Of course," I said as I wheeled my way over to where she was.

"I just wanted to talk about how your family left you here and moved away," she said, "and I wanted to tell you that I am sorry about what had happened." I smiled at her,
"You don't need to feel bad for me," I said, "it's not even your fault."
"I know, Marshall, it's just......" I stopped her from finishing when I kissed her on the cheek, she looked at me.
"I love you, Marshall," she said giving me a hug.
"And I love you too, Annabel," I said.

We sat there hugging each other for a very long time, we then headed into the kitchen when we heard Mrs. Rogers calling us to come for breakfast. It was quite easy to get to kitchen from the guest bedroom since it was on the first floor.

"Good morning you two," Mrs. Rogers said to both of us.
"Good morning," we both said in reply.
"Did you sleep well, Marshall?" Mrs. Rogers asked.
"Yes I did, Mrs. Rogers," I said in reply. The morning went on as a normal morning would go in any house, but it felt very different from me this time around. It almost felt like I was........an outsider.

This chapter is the start of the upswing for Marshall in this story so keep your hopes up for the next chapter, readers.

The Author