A Killer Karma

Mrs. Rogers was watching the news in the living room when she called Annabel and me into the living room.
"Marshall, you're not going to like this news report," Mrs. Rogers said.
"Why?" I asked as Annabel pushed me into the living room.
"It's about your parents," she said. I was in complete shock, my parents on the news, what did they do this time?

Mrs. Rogers showed me the news report. The first line got me when she showed me it. Flight 173 has crashed, no survivors. I didn't know what to say, that was the flight my parents were on.
"I'm so sorry," Annabel said, "we didn't know about it." I stayed silent, not a word came from my mouth.

I wheeled myself back to the guest room where I was staying. I started to cry nonstop. Annabel walked into my room and gave me a hug and kiss.
"I'm sorry about your loss, Marshall," she said, "is there anything I can do to......." I stopped her with a kiss on the lips, she jumped into my arms. I held her in my arms, I was running out of things to do.
"Be strong," I said, "that's what you can do to help me." Annabel didn't hear me though, she had fallen asleep in my arms, I decided that I let her sleep.

Okay, yes I said that there was going to be an upswing for Marshall, but I needed to get this last bad thing out of the way. Keep your hopes up readers.

The Author