Ctrl, Alt, Move Forward

"Well things should get better from here," I said to myself as I woke up the next day, "or at least I hope they do." I wheeled my way into the kitchen to find that Annabel and Mrs. Rogers were waiting for me.
"Good morning, Marshall," Mrs. Rogers said.
"Good morning," I said back in a very cheerful voice.

The days went on as normal, everyday week, Monday-Friday, Annabel and I were at school, Saturday and Sunday we were at home doing our homework. The week of graduation was here and I was still wheelchair bound until June, everyone was wondering what was going to happen between me and Annabel since she was in 7th grade and I was in 8th. But I was already sure that we were going to be together since we lived in the same house now.
"Everyone thinks we're going to break up," Annabel said, "since you're going on to high school next year." I was surprised,
"I don't think they know that I'm living with you yet, do they?" I asked.
"No," she laughed, "probably not."
"Well then there's nothing to worry about is there," I said reassuringly.
"No there really isn't," Annabel said.

Graduation Day was almost here, but yet I was still wheelchair bound and I didn't like it. Mrs. Rogers kept telling me that I would be fine, but I didn't want to be wheelchair bound the day of graduation. Graduation Day was here, I rode in my wheelchair to the front of the auditorium, everyone was staring at me.
"I knew this was going to happen," I whispered to myself. When I got up to the front of the auditorium, Mrs. Sumter began to speak.
"I would personally like to give the Grizzly Courage Award to Mr. Marshall S. Mundy," she said, "he has had so many bad things happen to him over these past few weeks and yet he is still able to go on with life." Everyone began to clap, even Annabel.
"For his courage," Mrs. Sumter said, "I believe that he deserves this award." I didn't know what to think, everyone was standing and cheering my name. I couldn't believe it, I was in complete shock.
"Marshall," Mrs. Sumter said, "you truly deserve this award for all you've gone through, I hope this courage follows you into the future." I was speechless, I couldn't believe that this was happening to me. Graduation Day was over, but I could barely get out of the auditorium because of the people gathered around me. My life was back on the upswing.
"I wish my family could of saw this," I kept telling myself, "I wish they could've."

Well, we're almost at the end here. I hope I haven't disappointed you readers so far.

The Author