4

Leiya;

"Are you sure you want to go to school? I can tell my parents you're going to stay here for the day." Bri asked, watching worriedly as I winced in pain, pulling my shirt over my head.

"I'm sure, Bri. Let's go."

My thoughts turned and turned on the way to school, praying to God that no one asks me to take my shades off.

My mom did me pretty good, this time.

I woke up with a swollen face and a black eye, the cut on my lip opening back up.

I looked worse than the last time.

And I felt worse.

I woke up in a cold sweat, everything replaying in my dream except this time I couldn't escape her.

I can't even stomach the thought of what could've happened if I didn't leave.

"Hey." I felt Bri shake me.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I said we're here. I'll walk in when you're ready to go." She smiled. I sighed and felt the tears build in my eyes.

"I just feel so dirty.." I whispered, my head hanging low so I can hide my tears behind my dreads.

"I know baby, but just remember it's not your fault and she will get what's coming for her. Just keep your head up and get this day over with." She breathed. I nodded and she squeezed my hand, before getting out the car and I following suite.

Every step I took hurt my entire body. But I needed to mask the pain.

The first three periods dragged on and I thank God no one asked me to take my shades off. But I knew the devil played hard.

I walked into history sitting in my seat in the back as usual, when my ears perked up.

"Pierce. New seating arrangements. You will now sit here." Ms. Alexus stated, tapping a desk at the very front of the room, right across from hers. I didn't even complain or groan, simply taking my stuff and moving to the front of the room and sitting down.

The room was quiet and I felt all eyes on me waiting for a response. But I just don't have the energy for this, today.

I surrender.

Ms Alexus- 6 Leiya-3

"Pierce. You know the dress code." She pressed. I ignored her, staring straight ahead as the low simmer of anger started bubbling in my stomach.

"Pierce. Give me the glasses."

I ignored her again, praying to God she would just leave me alone.

"Ms. Alexus can you please just move on from her and start the lesson?" Brianna pleaded. I didn't budge, still staring at the crack in the tile praying I didn't lose my sanity in this classroom.

My leg started shaking as she responded back to Brianna.

"We can move on when she decides to be obedient and take her shades off."

"They're not bothering you, though. They're just glasses. Maybe she has a reason for keeping them on." Brianna defended.

I love her so much.

"They are bothering me. They're distracting and unnecessary. Now shut it before I send you both to detention." She hissed.

Lord please let her shut up. Please before I flip out.

"It seems that she wants to make a show. We can do that."

"Yeah the same way you made a show on your front door step, right?" I hissed. I watched as she froze in her tracks, her face red.