25

Leiya:

Home- 8 Guest- 11

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. This game has been hard. The home team had great defense and kept trying to foul us every chance we got.

My hands were on my knees as I slumped over, glaring at Francesca, the team captain for the opposing team I was playing against.

"You ready to lose, sexy?" She asked, blowing me a faux kiss. She was ginger, her frizzy hair in a ponytail. Her face was covered in freckles and her eyes were an ice blue color.

"In your dreams, ugly. Have you cried in any locker rooms today?" I taunted back, remembering last year when we won how hysterical she was because she lost.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you stupid bitch and serve the ball."

The referee threw the ball and I jumped up, grabbing it first and dribbling down the court. I threw it to Delilah and and watched as she dribbled toward the ring, but getting knocked down by the opposing teammate.

"THATS A FOUL!" Coach shouted as she blew her whistle. The referee agreed, doing the hand gestures indicating that my team gets foul shots.

Delilah stood in the center of the court as me and my other teammate surrounded her, ready to rebound just in case she missed the ring.

Her first shot went in and I smirked, watching as Francesca and her teammates glared from across the court. Her second shot went in and my grin widened. The third shot was missed and I was the first one to run after the ball, crossing the rebound line and dunking it into the hoop.

"PERIODT!" I heard Nina yell from across the court, causing me to giggle as I landed on my feet. She's so loud for no reason, yet she's so tiny.

Just like Brianna.

Home- 13 Guest-15.

It was finally the last quarter. There was five minutes left on the clock. My heart was racing.

This is it. This is the time I'm able to show off my talent. I looked over at the bleachers and saw the woman I love giving me a thumbs up. I smiled and looked over to see the recruiters staring at me as their assistants wrote notes in their notepads.

You got this, Leiya. You got this.

Coach blew her whistle and we all gathered in a circle.

"Listen..we're doing great. We're going to win regardless of the outcome, but I want us to have the last shot. Leiya you lead this game to the end, and you all need to listen and defense with a little more oomf, Delilah." Coach emphasized. Delilah scoffed, but nodded and looked over at me.

"I'll take your left and let you shoot if you need defense. Just warn me this time, thanks." She smirked. I nodded and we all clapped, before running to our spots.

"Delilah, in the center." I called out. She looked at me in shock and I nodded, standing behind her.

"When I graduate I need someone to take my place. It will be you but you need to step it up. You have potential. You hear me?" I hissed at her. She nodded, looking at me with big eyes. I patted her back and pushed her into the center, before nodding at the referee.

He whistled and I watched as Delilah jumped, chest bumping the opposing teammate and catching the ball, dribbling down to our side of the court.

Francesca and her teammates surrounded her and I saw the panic build in Delilah's eyes. I ran down and stood across from Francesca.

"Throw it over here!" I yelled. She obeyed and before I could catch it, Francesca caught it and I growled loudly.

She ran over to her side of the court and I followed suite, trying my best to retrieve the ball. I glanced at the clock and panicked, before looking at Francesca. As she threw the ball to her teammate, Delilah jumped in front of her and caught the ball, causing everyone to cheer as she ran across the court, dribbling and throwing the ball at me. Francesca tried to block me but I dribbled, crossing her ankles and causing her to fall straight on her ass.