Chapter 49

ITS OFFICIAL ! The sequel is up and waiting to be added to your libraries and reading lists :)) It's titled " Karma "

Nas

" Come rub me " I said watching Melo set his chains down on his dresser .

" Nigga you rub me I'm the crippled one " He said back .

" Whatever , you pick and choose when you wanna be crippled " I rolled my eyes .

" Just shut up and come here " He said getting in the bed and wrapping his arm around me .

" I feel so bad for Karina " I said laying on Melo's chest , playing with the loose thread on the wrap around his stomach .

" Yea it's fucked up but shit that's what happens " He said sipping on his drink and placing it back on the nightstand .

" What you mean ? " I asked .

" Look , I've seen a lot of fucked up shit living this life . I mean Driga's own sister helped kill their father . If she wanna stay in it she gotta develop thicker skin " He said nonchalantly .

" I mean yeah but I don't think thicker skin would've helped her out of that
situation "

" Maybe not . But she wouldn't have been so fucked up about it afterwards " He responded , " Mothafuckas been telling Karina to stay out of this , including Lani . So I mean I feel for shorty but that's the bed she made "

" Really Melo ? You think she put herself in that situation . What would you have done ? " I asked sitting up .

" It's hard to answer that cause I would've done a lot of things differently leading up to that shit . But deadass , you leave shit alone once things have been decided unless it's your own life on the line type shit . If you push too much , shit just ends up getting worse most the time . Higher ups don't like to be questioned or challenged " He explained . " Karina should've known that going in that room with Driga "

" So what ? You're saying she should've shut up and let Kaine get shot in front of us "

He shrugged " I mean shit "

I narrowed my eyes at him .

" What ? See that's female's problem now . Y'all think with emotion and not logic . Y'all didn't wanna see him killed cause y'all fuck with him , not cause he innocent "

" Nobody said he was innocent but he deserved to die ? " I asked .

" Bro , a lot of people get shit they don't deserve in this life . Nothing is fair . But at the end of the day , the facts are the facts . That nigga Kaine shot first and he the reason I got shot . He be forgetting he not equals with me and East , he don't just get to do shit on his own . And if he had to pay the price for that , then once again that's HIS bed . Fuck I look like arguing with my boss and putting myself in the same fucked up situation she put Karina in . She has a body on her hands now . She shouldn't have said shit " He said now sitting up too .

" Oh ... Oh okay . So she should've just let them shoot me too then " I raised my eyebrows .

" I ain't even say that . Why we arguing about other mothafuckas ? It's me and you right now . Come here " He said softly and laid back down .

I took a heavy sigh and laid back down slightly irritated . I couldn't stand people that viewed the world as completely black and white . I'm the complete opposite . Almost everything is gray area to me . It's not always as simple as people try to make it .

[ Next Morning ]

East

" I was wondering where you went " Rina said before stretching .