Chapter 50 [ Finale ]

East

With news like this , I thought my mind would be racing but it was just still . Like I was numb to everything around me . I think with the amount of times I've heard shocking news lately that nothing is shocking to me anymore .

The first thing I have to do is talk to her . But then again , all she did was make a post . That doesn't mean I'm the father . I haven't had sex with her in damn near a year and she said she's 5 months in that picture . Ain't no fuckin way .

" Jess " I said knocking on her door .

" Jess ! " I said louder , knocking harder .

" Nigga what the fuck is you doing banging on my door like that ? " She whipped the door open and I pushed myself inside .

" Straight up , that's my baby ? " I said gesturing to her stomach .

" I'm good too , how are you ? " She said brushing past me , walking into the kitchen .

" I ain't come here for all that . That's my baby or not ? " I asked once again , following her .

" Honestly East , I don't know " She casually shrugged .

" Nasty ass hoe . Let's go , we getting a DNA test " I said pulling my keys out . I don't know what I ever saw in this bitch but I'm praying to God I don't gotta deal with her ass for the next 18 years .

" Nigga fuck you . It was right after we broke up . And I'm not going nowhere with you . That could hurt my baby " She snapped back .

" I don't give a fuck . And we ain't fuck in almost a year that baby can't be mine "

" Alright , we'll see . Let me swab you right now then " She said back . Is she stupid ?

" Do you think I'm dumb ? So you can fake a test and trap my fine ass . Fuck outta here " I said walking towards the door . She got me fucked up .

" Yea whatever . Get over yourself . And tell yo bitch I said hey " She said before slamming the door behind me .

I should get Karina to kick her in her fuckin stomach . Although I doubt she would actually do something like that .

My mind was slightly at ease once I reached the barber shop . Seeing the kids play basketball and jump rope put a genuine smile on my face . I was gonna miss this most of all ; cutting hair and kicking it with the kids from round the way . If I didn't finish school this is what I would've invested my time in . Expanding . Opening up more barber shops . But I couldn't be around these kids all day with this shit I got going on in the streets . I couldn't live with myself if it got shot up and one of these kids got hurt .

" Yeooo " I said dapping up Swaine . He's Kev's little brother . Since Melo and Kev were so close you'd think me and him would be close too but ion know , I think he be hatin on a nigga lowkey .

" Wasgood " He said currently giving someone a taper . I watched him closely making sure my shop was in good hands . He's only 17 so he ain't been cutting hair that long .

" Better not run off none of my clients " I said sitting in the chair next to him .

" He'll be ight . Imma be stopping here more often " Solo said from across the room . He's a friend of my father's , used to help him out back in the day . In fact , he ate a gun charge for my pops and ended up doing 5 years . Ever since he got out , he been staying out the way , not in any shit . He only came here every now and then to help cut hair .

" I appreciate that Solo , he gon need the help " I said grabbing a bag of sunflower seeds and a cup .

" So what you been up to youngin ? I know you running through that young pussy out there " He laughed . He a fuckin pervert .