Chapter 28

Melo ^^^

Rah

" Isnt that him right there ? " Racks said rolling his window down a little bit .

I was praying he was wrong . That he made a mistake . But naah he got it right .

" Yeah that's him " I said shaking my head . We both watched my cousin go inside the bank holding the same duffel bag that got stolen from Racks . We knew it wasn't him that did it cause he was with me when Racks' crib got hit . However , now we knew for sure that he knows who did it . Not just that , but obviously he was in close relations with whoever it was enough to get the duffel bag from them .

" Just let me talk to him first big homie " I said before sighing .

" Ight , better make that quick " He said starting his car up and leaving the scene .

Damn , how the fuck was I supposed to get my cousin out of this . And why was he working against me for his friends ? I'm family . What is this nigga thinking ?

Karina

I parked in the lot of Kade's elementary school after I had been waiting 30 minutes for him to come out with no message from him . I walked straight into the office but his little voice stopped me at the doorway .

" Karina ? " His little voice shook . I turned to see him standing in front of a man who was resting his hands on his shoulders .

" Dad ? " I questioned confused . I hadn't seen him in almost a decade , so forgive me for not recognizing him right away . He stared back at me with watery eyes . Once I realized who he was , I immediately embraced him . Then worry quickly replaced my happiness .

" Where's mommy ? " I asked .

" Let's go home now " He said hugging me right . Home ???

" Where's home ? " I asked as he threw his arm around me & Kade's shoulder and walked us out .

He didn't bother to answer my question but noticed he was walking a little fast . All of this was happening really fast when we haven't seen him in so long .

" Come , get in di cyar " He said leading us to a car .

I stopped in my tracks " Wait wait wait , I drove here to pick up Kade so I can't just leave my car here . Come here K " I said flagging him over .

It's not that I didn't trust my Dad , I just had too many questions to be going with the flow .

" We haven't seen you in 10 years . What's going on ? " I said as Kade clinged to my side .

" Come home wit meh and mi a go tell yuh everyting " He responded .

I didn't want to argue in the middle of the parking lot & after all he is my Dad . It's just weird for him to show up out of nowhere & demand us to come with him without answering any of my questions .

Regardless of my doubts , I agreed to follow behind him to wherever we were going .

" Are we gonna move in with daddy now ? " He asked looking at me through the rear view mirror .