Chapter 18

Alani ^^^

Melo

" Are y'all both fucking stupid ? " Our father barked at us . He was pissed .

I didn't necessarily agree with his methods . The route he wanted me to go , I wasn't fuckin with . And just to my luck , the route I decide to take , didn't work . See here me & East BOTH were sitting in front of our dad getting chewed out .

" Yo I didn't want to kill one of their own cause then one of mine woulda got smoked and there would've been a war " I said explaining myself for the 10th time .

" And ? So fucking what ? You scared or sum ? Wars weren't started so you could avoid them , it's so you could be - "

I cut him off , " prepared for them yes I know " I finished his sentence . As much as I respect my pops , I swear he be forgetting he's the one locked , not us . He wanted me to smoke one of Racks' dealers and deliver his body as a warning . Oh yeah , because after that so called ' pleasant ' meeting we had , Racks' purposefully expanded more into our territory . So yeah for sure he was testing it but Pops' idea was out of pocket to me .

" So stop being a pussy and set that nigga straight " He said slamming his fist on the table .

" Man fuck this . You may be my pops but I run the streets now . You in here . It's easier for you to say do this and do that when you not out there living that life no more . What I say goes , and if youn like that then you neva shoulda showed me the ropes to this shit . Fuck outta here " I said standing up and storming away .

This nigga acted like he was my coach . Like this life was a game we could lose . He been locked up so long he don't even know how shit is nowadays . I trust my gut & my intuition so however I play this is up to me .

East

" At this rate , that lil nigga gon take all that y'all got . All that me and Rome did gon get snatched from y'all . Then y'all gon be wondering why it's not even safe to walk to the corner store . Y'all gon wonder why yo own home not even safe " My pops said sitting back down in front of me .

None of these talks ever go good . All 3 of us were hotheads . Crazy hotheads . So I knew from the jump I wasn't gon even argue .

" Pops I know youn really think about this type of shit but you gotta see where Melo coming from , " I said standing up but still looking him in the eyes , " The last time there was a war , he lost his brother . You of all people should know how difficult that shit is "

I'm glad he didn't have a rebuttal . I'm glad he really sat thought there & thought about what I was saying . So I left him there in his silence & walked outside to find my brother waiting in the car for me . When I got in , it was awkward silence . And as he drove off it was as if the silence got thicker & thicker . Melo tried his hardest to live up to our pops' expectations , & when he felt as though he fell short , it downed him . And I knew he was even more irritated cause pops snapped on him in front of me . It made me feel bad cause all in all none of this shit was really worth it .

" I got trust in you Melo . Whatever you think is the best plan , I'm right there witchu " I broke the silence holding up my fist .

He didn't say anything , just nodded & fist bumped me remaining silent throughout the rest of the way to my crib .

Karina

" He's six now " I responded to the principal . Now that I was officially 18 and lived in an actual household , I could finally enroll Kade back in school . But sadly he'd be one of those kids that had to start school late .