1

For a year, Scarlett, Emma and Henry have been living together in New York. They've been cursed for a year.

They've lived normal lives.

Scarlett has lived without her pirate and her dog.

She has lived without her mother and her father.

She has lived without her magic.

She lives with who she thinks is her foster sister and her nephew.

" Good morning, Emma. Morning, Henry."

Scarlett walks into the kitchen and gives her nephew a kiss on the head, then goes to pour herself a cup of coffee.

" Where are you off to?", Emma asks then takes a bite of her eggs.

" The library. Today's my day off," Scarlett responds as she adds creamer to her coffee.

" Will you be back in time for our Black Ops rematch?", Henry asks.

" Of course, buddy", She smiles, " Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone".

" How could I? You're taking all the stupid with you", Emma teases.

" Punk."

" Jerk."

The brunette and the blonde share a hug.

Scarlett puts on her coat and walks out of the door. She heads down to the library and picks out her favorite storybook.

Peter and the Scratchers.

She finds herself particularly drawn to the antagonist.

Captain Hook.

She doesn't know why, but she can never seem to put the book down.

Once the sun begins to set, she heads back home. She knows that Emma will be taking Henry to the comic book store, so she intends on drawing herself a bath and relaxing.

The elevator opens up to her floor, and Scarlett fumbles through her purse to find her keys as she aimlessly walks to the apartment. She feels as thought she's not alone, so she looks up, only to be met with sea blue eyes.

The man standing in front of her looks shocked. Scarlett remains still as she pushes her keys through her knuckles in her purse.

" Can I help you?" She asks.

The man continues to stare with eyes unblinking. He clears his throat and tries to pull himself from his daze.

" Scarlett... do you remember me?" He asks.

Scarlett's eyes roam over him. She looks at his long, leather black coat, his deep v-neck that exposes the hair on his chest, his various necklaces and rings, and finally, his eyes. She looks into his eyes, but sees only a stranger.

" Am I supposed to?" She asks.

The man sighs and tightens his jaw. He's quick to pull her close and crash his lips down onto hers. Killian feels joy, he's finally reunited with his girl. Scarlett, however, does not feel the same. She pulls her hand out from the purse and uses the keys to scratch the man's cheek. He cries out in pain and pulls away.

Killian puts his hand over his wound and looks at Scarlett in disbelief.

" You know, most people at least have the courtesy to introduce themselves before they make a move," She scoffs as she puts the key inside the lock.

She turns the key to unlock the door.

" Wait... please... your mother needs you," Killian groans.

Scarlett pauses for a moment, but scoffs once more.

" My mother is dead," She says.

She opens the door and Killian attempts to stop her once more.

" Scarlett, wait!" He exclaims, " Scarlett Hope Mills, please listen to me."

Scarlett turns around on her heel to face the man and crosses her arms.

" How do you know my name?" She asks.

" Because you know me," He says.

" Or you're a stalker."

" Scarlett... you know me. We've been together. We're in love. You have to believe me."

Scarlett rolls her eyes.

" If you want some love, ask for Cherry down on 33rd and 7th."

Scarlett goes to close the door, but the Killian puts his hand on the door to stop her.

" Do I need to call the cops?" She asks.

" You know me," He says.

" No, I don't."

" Then how do I know that your favorite color is lavender, you always have cold hands and that you have a birth mark the shape of a heart on your left knee cap?"

Scarlett's eyebrows furrow as she tries to process the words the man just said. All of those things are true, but there's no possible way he would know any of that. Even Emma doesn't know what her favorite color is. Scarlett ponders the possibility, but soon turns to reality.

" I'm calling the cops."

" No, wait!"

From his pocket, the man pulls out a necklace. A pearl necklace dangling on a silver chain.

" I gave this to you for your 21st birthday," Kilian say as he walks closer to her.

" No... my ex gave me that for my 21st birthday... it was lost at sea," Scarlett says as she shakes her head.

" Scarlett... I'm here to tell you everything you've believed is wrong... and this is proof."

Scarlett eyes the necklace and hesitantly walks closer to the man covered in leather. She gently grabs the necklace from his hand and runs her fingers over it. She feels thoughts poking in her mind. She feels as though her thoughts are trapped. She doesn't know if what the man is saying is true, but something tells her that it is. Something tells her that she does know this man.

Scarlett takes a step forward in a move she considers stupid. She looks up at the man in his eyes, and he looks at her. Killian's mind begs for her to remember. Scarlett lets out a deep sigh, then leans up to connect her lips onto his.

Finally, her thoughts are revealed. Everything that was trapped is now free. All of her memories flow through her mind as the kiss deepens. Tears threaten to fall out of her eyes as everything she's lost is now returned to her. Scarlett pulls away with a gasp, then looks at Killian with tear stained eyes, who looks at the woman with pleading eyes, and she only says one word.

" Killian."