12

All while Scarlett and Killian were at home, Regina was at the docks. And she saved her son from the Wicked Witch. Her actions finally freed Henry from his curse, for true love can break any spell.

Not long after her breakdown, Scarlett fell asleep. She's exhausted. Her body is as tired as her mind.

Killian notices a cut on his arm. He thinks nothing of it and cleans it and dresses it. He knows that Scarlett didn't mean to hurt him. She would never do it on purpose.

He keeps that in mind as he picks her up from the floor and puts her down on the couch. He goes back into the kitchen to clean up the broken glass on the floor.

A buzzing in the distance catches his attention. Scarlett's phone. He's still foreign to the technology, but is able to read the text from her mother.

Mary Margaret is having her baby.

Killian grabs a glass from the kitchen and fills it up with water. He puts it on the coffee table, then writes her a note for it whereabouts. He puts some food and water in bowls for Hook, then walks out the door and to the hospital where he finds the heroes once more.

"What's going on here?" Emma asks.

" What happened? Did you find Zelena?", David asks.

" W-We did, but we couldn't stop her", She says.

" She took your brother", He says.

 " Come on", David says as he tries to guide his daughter

" No, wait. Zelena took my magic", Emma says.

" What? How the hell did that happen?" Regina asks.

" It's a long story," Emma says," But we need to find another way to stop her."

" There is no other way", Regina says.

" That's not true. You can do it", Henry says.

" Sweetheart, I don't think I can survive round three with my sister", She says.

" Glinda was pretty specific. Only the purveyor of the strongest light magic can defeat her", David says.

" Zelena only beat you because you were using dark magic against her", Henry says.

" But... it's all I have", Mom says.

" No. It's not", Emma says, " When you kissed Henry, that was true love's kiss. That's light magic".

" See? You can do it", Henry says.

" Henry, I don't even have my heart right now", Regina says.

" That doesn't matter. You broke the curse without it, and I know you still love Scarlett and I. I know there's good in you", He says.

" He's right", Robin says as he walks up to the group, " I know you can beat that witch".

" But I don't--", Regina starts.

" You have to", Emma says.

" Once upon a time, you were a villain, mom. But you've changed", Henry says," You're a hero now. And defeating bad guys in what heroes do. We believe in you. Now you need to believe, too."

As Regina looks down at her son, she can't help but feel as though something is missing. Or rather, someone.

" Where's Scarlett?" 

All eyes turn to the pirate, who's jaw tightens as his eyes cast down to the floor. He lets out a deep sigh and tells them the truth.

Scarlett is out of commission. Her powers are unstable. She's unable to fight. She's in pain. She's suffering.

And though the heroes might not want to admit it, Scarlett is the strongest out of all of them. Her magic comes from not only the Evil Queen, but the dark one himself. She has nearly perfected her craft after a life long of practice.

But now, she cannot be the one to fix everything. Truth be told, she's tired of it. She doesn't want to have the heroes burden on her shoulders. She wants to do good, but good is sometimes too much. Sometimes being good is too much.

After all, being bad is much more fun.