Not a hook up kind of guy

9:30 p.m. The Avengers Tower

"I really don't want to go out to a bar, Buck. It's pointless. All any woman wants from me is just Captain America." Steve grumbles as Bucky goes through his closet for a shirt for him to wear. He didn't have much clothes here since they were mainly based upstate, but for the next couple of months Fury wanted them in the city.

"And what's wrong with that? You're looking for a hookup, not a wife." Bucky says, finally finding a nice black sweater Steve almost never wears and hands it to him to put on.

Stripping of his plain white t-shirt he shakes his head at his best friend as he begrudgingly puts on the damn shirt. "I'm not a hookup kind of guy, you know that."

Buck rolls his eyes. "Just come out with us and have some fun. Maybe you'll find a dame, maybe you won't." He huffs as he crosses his arms in exasperation. "You need to loosen up a bit. I haven't seen the real Steve since 1943. Step out of stuffy Captain Rogers mode for once, pal." He tells Steve, clasping a hand on his shoulder trying to get him in the spirit of his and Sam's plan.

"Fine, but I'm not bringing anyone home." He petulantly tells him as he grabs his wallet and slips on his shoes.

He just grins over at Steve. "At least you're coming. When this Joe Coleson guy gets here we'll have to take him out and then we can really hit the town."

Most of the team was excited about the new addition Fury had announced to them a few days ago. He'd said agent Coleson was his number one agent overseas and that he had personally recruited him to join the team. Telling them all that Coleson would bring balance to the team that they sorely needed. Steve just hoped that was true. They didn't need someone who would end up butting heads with anyone. He got enough of that with Tony.

"Let's go, Sam's waiting down in the car." Bucky practically shoves Steve out the door, into the elevator and then out of the lobby where their friend was parked in the street.

Slipping into the passenger seat he glances over at Sam and then back at Bucky. "Where exactly are we going?"

Pulling out into traffic Sam grins over at him. "230 Fifth Rooftop bar. It's a decent spot to pick up women and it's not too far away."

Steve tried to ignore the conversation as much as he could between Sam and Bucky on the way over. He was glad his friends were finally getting along, but wasn't thrilled that this is what had sparked their friendship. It'd started one night over beers about what it was like dating back in their day and morphed into how it was now. Bucky had listened intently to Sam and Tony explain dating apps and it had all gone downhill from there. Buck and Sam still butted heads, but it was in a more friendly way now.

They find a parking spot not too far away from the bar, but at a far enough distance it takes them a minute to walk there. Steve followed Sam and Bucky while trying to avoid the stare's they got from people who eventually recognized them. Stopping to sign a few autographs and take some pictures they wave their fans off and head inside. The bar was crowded, but they found a table big enough for the three of them. Quickly a waitress takes their drink orders and heads off to the bar to get them put in.

Buck and Sam scope out the women while they wait for the drinks to arrive. They eventually calm down enough so they can start to have a decent guys night out, but it's not long before the topic turns back to women. "You know you never did go into detail about what went down with you and Sharon after DC.." Bucky trails off wanting more details of his last real attempt at dating.

"It didn't go anywhere. I realized I only pursued her because of her connection to Peggy, but she's nothing like Peg." He shrugged. "Sharon is nice enough, but the history with her great aunt became too weird, even for me." Bucky and Sam grimace in agreement. A couple of women walk past their table catching the guy's attention. Buck sends the shorter of the two a flirtatious smile.