꧁ Years Later ꧂

Maxwell
꧁__________________________꧂

"How was your day?" Magnus asked his son, as he put the lasanga on the table. Max reached out for it but Magnus magically pulled it a few inches away and out of his reach.

"Ey!" The blue boy complained.

"Wait for Dad." His father said and took a seat next to him, expectantly looking at him.

"It was fine.." Max said and tried hard to sound convincing. If only Magnus wouldn't have asked. Lying to him was almost impossible.

Max had done something bad, but he didn't regret it. However, he was scared of his father's reactions and that they might not get it.

Magnus just stared at him and slowly raised an eyebrow. "Aha..?"

"Yup, when is dad here? I'm hungry." Max said, trying desperately to get away from the topic of his day.

Magnus looked at the clock. "Any minute now, so why are you lying to me?"

Max grunted and shifted in his chair. "I'm not.."

"Why are you lying double to me?"

He groaned. "Just let me be! I'm a snappy teenage boy.. I'm allowed to lie sometimes!" Max complained, hitting Magnus' dramatic note almost too perfectly.

The corner of Magnus' mouth twitched slightly, as if he tried not to laugh. "Maxwell too much Lightwood-Bane.." He started and Max knew this wouldn't end well. He could also just skip the uncomfortable speech of trust and love that his Bapak was about to give and tell him already. He hadn't really believed that he was able to hide anything anyways.

"Fine! I—"

"Hey, there are my two absolute favourite Warlocks!" Alec was home and after putting his bag on the counter, he walked to the table to kiss Magnus on the mouth and Max on the head.

"I'm too cool for this, dad.." Max mumbled and magically pulled the lasagne towards him. "And I'm not a Warlock, I'm also too cool for that.."

Alec rolled his eyes, something Max didn't miss, and gave Magnus a 'he's your son' look.

"No no, I never used the word 'cool' that's Your Son, Alexander!" They chuckled and Max couldn't help but join in. But he knew that Magnus hadn't forgotten their conversation from before.

"Enjoy the food, Max was just about to tell us something.."

"No, I don't wanna anymore.." Max mumbled and poked around in his food, suddenly not so eager to eat it anymore.

Would they get mad? He would even understand it, they had always been overly protective and this was probably a very serious matter. He shouldn't have done it, but it had worked so well.

"Darling, what's wrong." He looked up and had to face two worried fatherly faces.

"I did something.. bad but.. it was really good..! I wanna be happy but maybe I fucked it all up." He tried to explain.

"Oof." Alec said. "We need a little more information to help with your judgement, blueberry."

He clenched his jaw. "I told you.. about Jimmy.." He started and their faces lit up instantly. It was really embarrassing how invested his dads were in his love life. He knew how lucky he was to be a queer kid with queer parents but still, they should get a hobby that wasn't him.

"Are you two a thing now..?" Magnus asked with a smirk.

"Well.. kinda.." Max started but got interrupted by his dad's cheers. He buried his red face in his hands and waited for them to be done.