꧁15꧂

Magnus
꧁__________________________꧂

Magnus did know that Alec thought of him as 'insane' in this moment. It was okay, he was convinced that he was intending to do what was right for his family. His husband was smart, he knew a lot and he was good in calculating but he might not understand this on the same level as Magnus did.

He would try explain it but it was too risky right now. He did trust Isabelle Lightwood and he certainly trusted Simon Lewis, who had been like a son to him but that didn't matter. The more people knew, the more people were in danger. He had even considered hiding it from Alec completely but had realized how toxic it would be for their relationship. They shouldn't start a new family with a lie.

"He's the cutest little bean!" Isabelle squealed excited. "I can't wait for him to be officially a Lightwood-Bane! Awe, I will teach him how to slay demons one day!" The female was back in the living room, rocking a smiling baby in her arms.

Magnus chuckled, trying to hide the fact that they had just had a really important conversation. Alec still looked shocked and confused.

"He won't ever slay demons. He'll help clients, like papa." Magnus said proudly but Alec's huff made his smile vanish. "What? You think he will be a Warlock-Shadowhunter?"

"What if he'll become an author of Sci-Fi novels?" Simon suggested, obviously proud of himself.

"Why not?" Alec looked at Magnus and shrugged, ignoring Simon completely. "He can be whatever he wants to be."

That statement made Magnus smile. "Indeed." He said softly and looked at Max with loving eyes.

꧁꧂

They continued filling out the papers, while Isabelle and Simon played with Max and about an hour later, they were finally through it all.

"I think the Clave does this crap to just see who even manages to fill them all out." Alec groaned. "And this magic ban on their bureaucracy sucks!"

Magnus nodded in agreement. The word 'sucks' was indeed something he found accurate, used in relation to the Clave. "Well, we passed the first test." He collected all the papers, stacked them up properly and gave then a magical binder, purple and shiney.

"A glitter binder? Seriously, Kitten?" Alec asked, obviously not intentionally using the nickname in front of his sister. He blushed intensely right after. Magnus loved it however and he didn't find it embarrassing to have people know that he was Alec's 'Kitten' at times.

"Yes. Seriously, Angel." He chuckled and leaned over to peck his cheek.

"Awe! Look Maxie! Your parents are so cute, aren't they?" Isabelle looked at them with a big smile and Max clapped his hands, probably wanting to agree but all it did was turn Isabelle's black dress into a beautiful navy blue. The woman looked a little startled but then started laughing.

"That's my boy." Magnus smirked and winked at Max. "Already knows his fashion."

Alec rolled his eyes and took the paper stack. "Will you send it?"

Magnus nodded and with a snap of his fingers, the papers vanished. He smiled big at Alec, making his husband frown.

"Oh- no no, what did you do?"

Magnus gasped offended. "So I can't smile without- uhm.. fine, I added a small message." He put his head to the side, trying to look cute and innocent. He certainly wasn't the second one.

"What did it say

"What did it say..?" Alec asked very slowly and carefully.

"Oh well.. something like: Dear Clave, don't fudge with my family, better sock my jewels-" Magnus wasn't quite able to keep his laugh in, revealing his prank. He was already proud of himself for covering 'inappropriate' words in such an amazing manner because of his soon to be son.

Simon and Isabelle cracked up and Max seemed to laugh with them. He was a happy nature and didn't need a reason to laugh, something Magnus already admired about him. Alec locked shocked for a few seconds, a few beautiful seconds where Magnus could admire how naive and adorable his husband was.

But then he sighed and mumbled something like: "you're not funny-" but he smiled a little and that was everything Magnus had wanted to archive.

꧁꧂

To pass the time until the Clave's confirmation message would arrive, Magnus questioned Simon about his new job. The Vampire was a manager for a newcomer band now, gaining experience and earning money to one day have a successful band himself.

The chattering stopped when the Lightwood daughter got a call. "Isabelle Lightwood, how can I help?" Her face suddenly went pale and the cheerfulness in her voice vanished. "Yeah, we'll be there." She put the phone back in her pocket and looked at Alec. "We gotta go. It's an emergency. There's another fire, one of those indelible ones, you read the news, right? This time it's on the other end of Brooklyn. Demons everywhere."

Magnus could almost hear how Alec's brain started working rapidly, trying to figure out and how this fire appeared everywhere

Magnus could almost hear how Alec's brain started working rapidly, trying to figure out and how this fire appeared everywhere. His husband jumped up and got his bow and arrow.

"See you later." He said to Magnus and gave him a peck. He also gave Max a little peck on the forehead, something which made Magnus' heart flutter in happiness. They were already a family, no matter what the papers said.

"Take care, please." He said and watched the siblings leave.

"That's so weird. I'll better head to the Dumordt and check if they know anything about it. Seems like it needs to be stopped." Simon said and handed Max back to Magnus.

"He's lovely! I'm so happy for you. Will text you if I'll find out anything helpful." He pat Magnus' shoulder and then left his loft.

"All by ourselves." Magnus said to the blue boy and got a curious look from him. "You know Max, life is stressful." He ran a hand through his hair and summoned a cocktail. "And that's why I drink." He took a sip and then realized what he was teaching his son there. "No, I mean. That's a bad thing to do, you know? Don't drink. Life is beautiful too, at least sometimes."

꧁__________________________꧂
Hope you enjoyed this Chapter ✨💕✨
Why do you think are those fires everywhere? 💕👀🤔👀💕
________________________꧂