꧁12꧂

Alexander
꧁__________________________꧂

Alec was now seated on the sofa with a hot cup of coffee in his hands. He had thought about going back to sleep since the ancient clock on the wall showed 4:28am but his thoughts were too whirled up to rest.

Magnus had dried the bedroom and himself magically while Alec had changed Max' clothes which had been sweaty.

He couldn't get the look, the baby had given him out of his head. Big beautiful eyes, filled with so much pain that you could think he had lived for a few hundred years already and not only one and assume he had witnessed several wars.

Magnus sometimes had this look in his eyes but there was a difference between the memory of pain and the presence of it. Max's eyes had shown both.

He rubbed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

His husband fell on the sofa next to him with a cocktail in his hands. "He's back to sleep" He said exhausted and nipped on the glass.

"You're drinking? Seriously? Right now?" Alec shook his head in disbelief

"You're drinking? Seriously? Right now?" Alec shook his head in disbelief. "Just a martini." Magnus mumbled and leaned back, his arm touching Alec's.

They drank their drinks in silence for a while. Alec was lost in his own thoughts but soon wondered what would go through Magnus' head.

"What was that?" He finally asked, his voice sore and rusty from the early hour.

"Rain." Magnus whispered, as if the word was something cursed to say out loud.

"Rain.. inside and out." Alec added and turned to look at Magnus. There was this look. The look of knowledge, so much knowledge that it must hurt the love of his life.

Magnus nodded slowly.

"Do you.. have an explanation for it?" Alec asked carefully.

"Hm.." Magnus kept staring at the wall.

"I don't." The Warlock said after a few seconds of silence. "But I have an assumption." He sighed, obviously having difficulty to find the right words.

"Max can't be a Warlock. He must be something else, some species we don't know.."

Alec frowned. "Magnus, he has magic.. the only beings in the Downworld with magic are..-"

His husband cut him off with a look. It said: I think I know much more about all this than you..

It hurt Alec a little but he couldn't deny that fact so he closed his mouth.

"I think it has something to do with the book. It told me a story about ancient magic and creatures who lived a long time ago, incredibly powerful creatures. So powerful, that the angels started to fear their existence. So they made sure to rot them out."