𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢?

"u-unnie! what brings you here?" irene stuttered, didn't expect to see her sister there and watch as seohyun walking toward her with really angry expression

"u-unnie! what brings you here?" irene stuttered, didn't expect to see her sister there and watch as seohyun walking toward her with really angry expression. the older of them two grabbed irene by the ear, twisting it so that her sister will learn a lesson. "ouch, ouch!"

seohyun gritted her teeth, "why are you still on earth, you little brat?! do you want to get caught or something?! and why did you show her your real self?!"

"s-sis, she know me as the devil! she know me!" irene said, looking at the brunette for help but seulgi really doesn't want to get involve in this. the brunette nervously smiles at them, "i should leave now—"

"stay please!"

"no! miss, you can go now." seohyun gave the brunette a soft smile before dragging irene out by ear. seulgi watched them in amused, she never see the devil that looks mean getting scolded like that. but the ringing bell snapped her back to reality and she run back to class, hoping that the teacher won't scold her.

-

irene pouted, pressing the ice pack against her swollen ear. her sister let out a sigh, crossing her arms as she sit across from her, "now. tell me, why are you here?"

"nothing"

"do you really i believe in that, bae joohyun?! now tell me the real reason before i cook you in hell alive!" irene was startled when seohyun shout at her again, like usual. it was no longer a surprise that her sister is really a bad, bad temper devil and easily get angry. irene is always her target so the latter already used to it. but seeing seohyun angry always scared her.

irene gulped, turning her gaze away so that she won't has eye contact with her big sister, "seriously, it's nothing. i just want to protect that girl you saw earlier from her bullies."

"are you an angel or a devil?"

"d-devil."

"so act like one!" seohyun yelled, twisting her ear once again. if she keep this up, irene sure her ear will rip off from her head soon. the younger groaned, "i just want to protect seulgi. i even forced her to become so not innocent so that they don't bully her again or else i'll murder her."

"listen here. you want to protect her from those jerks, changing her innocent personality won't change anything. you know that, right?"

irene nodded, "yeah, i know"

"but i appreciate it you try to protect that human from danger. that's not really you but i'm proud." seohyun smiled, patting her head with care. irene slowly look up with teary eyes, "r-really?"

"yes" but it doesn't last long when seohyun's smile turn into an angry expression, something sinister will happen soon, irene already can feel it as she trembled with terror, "now let's talk about your punishment, shall we?"

-

'for your punishment, you have to capture the devil that's hiding from us in that abandoned hall!'

irene let out a groan when she remembered what her sister told her earlier, "another problem. ugh, why can't i just have a happy life for once?" she complained, step inside the hall with a torch in hand. it was night, no one will come in here and the devil usually appear at this hour.

she gulped, afraid that the devil might attack her out of nowhere. turning into her real self, irene looked around, hoping that she will appear so that she can go home and rest. "hey, i know you're in here.  come out now."

no response.

irene rolled her eyes, annoyed by all of this, "i said, come out!" she shouted, turning around to see a dark figure hiding in the shadow.

ah, just like what they said.

the devil that lurking in the dark, watching you from afar as she ready to kill you in just a snap. hungry for blood, hungry for power.

park jihyo.

irene never seen her like this, looking evil than usual with a sharp teeth showing as she smile. the devil gulped, "now. i want you to go back to hell and stay there. don't go anywhere." she said but the other devil doesn't respond anything. something wrong here, like she was waiting for something or perhaps, someone? irene heard a footsteps, getting closer to the hall and eyes widened open seeing seulgi's the one that went inside, "what are you doing here!?"

the brunette tilted her head, "i thought you're the one that called me to come here?"

"i never—" irene stopped, looking at the devil that's next to her, staring at seulgi intensely. "seulgi, it's too dangerous! run!" she shouted but park jihyo immediately floated to the brunette with a sinister grin. irene run toward them, pulling the devil down before taking out a knife to attack her, "go back to hell." she growled.

the devil smiled, showing her teeth as she spoke,

"oh, come on, you acted like you didn't want to kill her before. we, devils, need to live in this world full of potential victims."

"i won't let you hurt her." irene glared at the devil, stabbing her with the knife she got, "now, go back to hell. or i drag you there myself."

but what she got instead of screaming is the laughter from the devil that she never meet before in her life, "look at you, bae. you didn't realise it yet but you slowly turn into a human."

"wha—" irene was caught off guard by the sudden statement, feeling as the stone heart that's inside her start to beat, like the devil know that would happen. the devil smiled as she slowly fade, "you live on this earth way too long now. face your consequences for your action, bae irene" she said, laughing crazily and dissappeared into a thin air.

seulgi watched it in horror, slowly approaching irene that's too stunned to speak for a moment, "irene . . . are you okay?"

no response. irene sat there, repeating what the devil said lot of times.

a-am i going to turn into a human?