𝙬𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙖𝙮. (𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡)

if irene choose to stay from the beginning

what would happen to them if she really made that choice just to be with seulgi?

-

"i want to become a human" the parents look at her in shock, as the intimidating and the top devil in hell, saying that was like a joke but for irene, it wasn't. she had imagine the scenario of her leaving seulgi, none of it will be better as they both will end up crying after losing each other. mr bae knew the reason was because she want to protect the human she love dearly, he kinda approved but mrs bae didn't, scoffed at the idea, "no. bae joohyun, as the devil, you shouldn't show any concern to a weak, poor, girl."

irene gritted her teeth, hearing her said that enraged the devil, "she's strong. but i want to stay so that i can protect her from any harm in this world. i'm an adult, i can decide what's best for me!"

"as an adult, you should be more mature and think what's better, being a top devil or be that human angel! you're a devil, all those works are mostly for angels!"

"angels or not, i still want to protect her!" it was no use for mrs bae to stop her, when irene really want to do something, she will do it and become stubborn when people try to stop her. mr bae seems to had no problem with it, as irene will turn into a human soon if she didn't leave the earth in time. but since her daughter wanted it, who is he to stop her dream? the two of them are still arguing, neither of them want to give up. "listen to me, bae, you got better choices than be with her! so just forget about her already!"

"how could you—!"

"calm down" mr bae place his hand on his wife shoulder, smiling warmly at the raven, "joohyun, i would like to talk to you in private."

-

nervously step inside her sister garden with a slight frightened emotion in her face, seeing her dad was like seeing a death. very dangerous, but somehow she always look up to him. is it because she want to be just like him? irene saw a familiar figure standing in front of the strawberries, with hands behind his back.

"you want to talk to me?"

"yes. and it's been a long time since we had this daughter and dad conversation, right?" mr bae chuckled, pointing at the strawberry that looks a bit ugly than the rest, "what do you think of that one? would you eat it?"

irene had no idea what's going on but all she know is she had to answer his question, "no. it. . . looks like it got affected by a bug. i don't think it's safe to eat" she answered, but no response from her dad. oh god, did she do something wrong? irene thought she will meet her death soon when all of sudden, mr bae let out a laugh, "interesting." he smiles, patting her head, "you chose to stay as a human because you want to protect kang seulgi, correct?"

"yes" irene lowered her head, somehow, looking at her dad was a bad idea for her, "are you disappointed in me? i'm a devil but chose to become a human so that i can stay with girl i love. honestly, if i were you, i would be disappointed too"