The last stand of the Yellow flash

Minato knowing the damage this blast would cause quickly flashes the ball away from Konoha back towards the beast.

Minato without hesitation charges at the masked man who was attempting to stay hidden, needless to say he failed miserably.

They engaged in a taijutsu bout however Minato had a severe problem he was unable to land a single blow on the masked man.
All his attacks would faze right through him but he noticed something.

After one of Minato's attacks the masked man skimmed a tree and got a minor cut and Minato realised what was happening. Everytime he moved to attack obito would faze somewhere (mostly likely a pocket dimension) and come back in a split second to counter attack.

Minato immediately had a plan.
"Wind style: great breakthrough" he shouted while jumping back. The stranger immediately jumped back and dodged the gust of wind. He couldn't rest however as Minato threw a tri pronged kunai at the stranger and charged at him.

The kunai obviously fazed through but an overpowering pain was felt in his back and spine and he immediately knew what happened.
The stranger was temporarily incapacitated but Minato was unaware of what this would cause.

With the stranger knocked out the nine tails was unleashed on the leaf village it certainly wasn't holding back it's outrage.

Immediately it ravaged the area near the gates and Minato knew what he had to do. He rushed at the Fox and used the flying thunder god jutsu to move himself and the Fox away from the village.

Then he flashed to his home to pick up baby Naruto and take him with him to Kushina who he also took to the nine tails location.

"Minato why'd you bring Naruto here!" she practically screamed. Minato just gave her a sad look. "I need your help to restrain the beast as I perform the seal...that seal." He begrudgingly said.

"Don't you DARE seal that on my boy!" She shouted in outrage. "The life of a jinchuriki is too much for my boy"
"We don't have a choice I will not ask someone else to take this burden on their child if I am not willing to do the same!"

Kushina seeing this gave in and used her adamantine sealing chains to bind the beast. "I always knew I when I used this power I would die, well I'm ready now" and just like that he unleashed the power of the SENJU'S kekkei genkai, MOKUTON.