a new era: potential

Narrator

Hiruzen sarutobi the retired third Hokage was forced to reclaim his role as the Hokage. After Minato's death there were no willing candidates available to take Minato's place.

Speaking of the fourth, hiruzen was forced to make a very difficult choice.
What to do with little Naruto? He's been staying in an orphanage for the last 4 years but was kicked out. To make matters worse he was attacked aswell.

Meanwhile a silver-haired and depressed anbu member was making his way to the Hokage's office. Ever since his sensei died he's been drowning himself in missions which has been worrying his friends especially a youthful man in green and a purple haired woman. And unbeknownst to him a raven haired teen.

As he walked through the door and stood at attention he said "I request a mission Hokage-sama."

Hiruzen lights up thinking he just found the answer to his problem.

"Ah Kakashi how have you been dealing with the recent events?" He asked knowing the answer before it arrived.

"Not very well but I'm managing" he half-life. It definitely wasn't going well and he certainly wasn't managing well.

Hiruzen POV

"How would you feel if I gave you a mission that would help you deal with your issues and honour Minato's memory?" He said with a smirk at Kakashi's reaction.

Said anbu member raised his eyebrows in shock at this possibility.
"What's the mission?" he said with his eyebrows raised.

"That my boy is to take care of young Naruto Uzumaki or should I say Namikaze?

Kakashi was both honoured and terrified that he would have to raise a child basically as his own. But he knew he had to do it just to honour his sensei and give that poor boy a good home.

"Lord Hokage I would be extremely honoured to take this mission." He said with a tear rolling down his eye.

"When would you like to meet the boy Kakashi" he said with an eyebrow raised.

"As soon as possible Hokage-sama." He said softly.

"Let me bring him to you now, I'll be back in a second." He said as he disappeared in a shunshin(body flicker).

He was back in a few seconds holding blonde haired boy with Sapphire eyes and radiated calm.

"Naruto my boy let me introduce you to your new big brother."