The Calm Before The Storm

The morning of the mission

Naruto woke up and made sure to get everything he would need for the mission. He even packed a spare tracksuit just in case he needed one. They didn't expect this mission to last more than a few days.

Satsuki woke up and felt depressed. 'Another day in the hellhole'. She began to prepare for her mission and thought about all the things she's excited for during the mission. Freedom, adventure and no more fan boys.

Shikamaru woke up....disgruntled. Technically he didn't wake up per say but was woken up by his mother who knew about his first C-Rank coming up. He began to think about the last few weeks with team 7. He may have been reluctant to train with them but he couldn't lie that he's reaped the rewards. Looking back onthe training it wasn't half bad.

Team 7 were on the training ground 7 practising their basic taijutsu when Satsuki's patience hit it's limit.

"Kakashi-Sensei we've been practicing this for hours but you haven't taught us any jutsus." Satsuki said with her best glare which was actually rather scary.

"You want jutsu? I'll give you jutsu." Kakashi said with an eye smile. "But first we'll have to find your chakra affinities." He pulled out a large piece of paper from his pocket. "To keep this simple add chakra to the paper and if the paper burns you have a fire affinity, if it dampens water, crinkles lightning, turns to dust earth and if it cuts wind."

"I can assume all three of your affinities already but we'll have to wait and see." He said making a gesture to mean he doesn't know.

"Naruto you're up." Naruto stepped forward looking excited. Of course he knew a wide variety of jutsu, but once he knew his affinity he could specialise in it like kakashi-nii.

Naruto took the paper from kakashi and poured chakra into it. The paper became so crinkled that it looked like it had been chewed on by a dog

It then began to split into multiple tiny little pieces. Then finally they began dampen.

"So wind, earth and water. You truly are your parents child." Kakashi said proudly while ruffling Naruto's hair.

"You're up ice princess." Kakashi said, taking out another paper.

"Hey! Say that again and those stupid books you read will burn to a crisp." Satsuki growled as she took the piece of paper.

She channeled chakra and was unsuprised at the result. The paper crinkled up and burned.

"Not unexpected coming from an Uchiha." Kakashi said nodding in approval. He looked over to Shikamaru and said "And finally the lazy bum."

Shikamaru simply got up took the paper and pumped his character into it. The paper sliced in two and shriveled to dust.

Kakashi once again nodded in realisation. "You are a Nara. A wind and earth affinity isn't a shock in the slightest." 

He clapped his hands together and said "Alright prepare for the most gruelling training you can receive before our first C-Rank. After the bandits see your jutsu they'll run with their tails between their legs." Kakashi ended with a rather mischievous eye smile.

______________________________________

Well that took a shorter time than I thought it would. It turns out on a good day a chapter can come our relatively fast. Stay tuned for more from the senjuking