Tell Everyone - Pt.1 || angst & fluff

Summary: Rafe won't open up to you, but finally when he does it feels like your world is ending.

Word Count: 3.5k

Warnings: Alcohol, swearing, verbal fight, physical fight, drugs, slight physical abuse, toxic relationship, bodily injury, blood, needles, smoking, and angst

———————

You began to walk up from the beach, with the noise from the crowds finally dying out. It was late at night and Rafe, your boyfriend had disappeared from the party. Topper insisted it was nothing and he had probably just gone off for "the good stuff".

You walked up to Rafe's truck, you could barely see through the illegal tint on the windows. He was punching the steering wheel while talking on the phone. The truck shook subtly from the force. You slowed your pace, watching closely. His hand came into contact with the steering wheel once more before he swung the door open and jumped out. He slammed the door violently and began to sprint quickly to the

beach.

You moved behind a large tree, acting as if you hadn't just watched him pummel his truck. He passed by, not noticing you. His hand held his phone tightly, his knuckles were white from the pressure. The veins were popping out of his neck and forehead. He kept sniffling as he did after doing a line.

"Babe," you said, emerging from your hiding spot, he turned quickly. His expression didn't change, his eyes seemed distant. The darkness of his blown-out pupils now filled with hate and sorrow.

"Why'd you come up here?" His tone was harsher than you expected. You ambled over to him and continued down the beaten path following Rafe back to the beach. The sand flicking up behind you, and into your sandals.

"I was looking for you," you reached for his hand to hold, he flinched away from it. Your face turned to frown, "Is everything okay?" His pace quickened, you were almost running to keep up.

"Everything's fine," he grabbed a beer from the person at the keg, "you ask too much," he held the cup to his mouth and downed it quickly, tossing the cup into the sand.

"Oh, sorry," you said genuinely as he walked away. You stopped following him and instead turned to the cooler of other beverages sitting nearby. You felt a deep pain in your chest. Why was he being so mean? You grabbed the first brightly colored can you saw. You chugged it, people cheering as you did so. You threw the can into the garbage and walked off swiftly. A wave of red hot anger consumes you slowly with each step in the sand.

Rafe hadn't opened up to you in months. There was a storm brewing in his head constantly. A sinister one. His eyes always seem clouded nowadays, full of anger and sadness. His actions were harsh and his personality became more horrid.

Then a quick thought came to your head.

If I talk to the pogues that'd really irk him.

You smiled to yourself as you walked, putting a little swing in your step. You made an extra effort to swing a wide corner, getting close to Rafe but never stopping. You made a straight line to the Pogues under a large palm tree, they had three joints going around in a circle of people

"Heyy!" you greeted, dragging out the "y" sound naturally. You had never had any prejudices for the Pogues, and they never had one for you. Well, other than one towards your relationship with Rafe. They all cheered their hellos and waved you over. You sat so you had a good view of Rafe. You could see his grip tight on the bench underneath him.

"Want some?" the girl next to you asked. You nodded reluctantly, taking it between your fingers. You held it to your mouth and inhaled, an odd taste hit your mouth, nothing like ever before. You removed it from your mouth, exhaling.