ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

"When were you about to ask me if I wanted to marry you!" I scream at Atlas

Technically he did ask me, more or less. He said he'd want to marry me. But he didn't fucking tell me he'd marry me today.

We're in a separate room, as far away from the guests that keep on coming. Far enough to yell without anyone hearing it. Well, except for my brother and Athena.

"You can't just organise a whole ass wedding and not ask if the person you want to marry wants to marry you!" I continue, pacing up and down the...bedroom.

Atlas remains quiet. He just looks at me, his eyes following my every step. He doesn't seem upset that I am, nor does he seem surprised I'm causing a scene.

Is it still considered causing a scene in this situation? Like, what else am I supposed to do? Just accept that my boss organised a whole ass wedding for us without even letting me know? Without even asking if I would want to marry him?

"What the hell is wrong with you, Atlas!" I need to take a deep breath. "Why would you do this? Why should we get married? We're not even a real goddamn couple. We're not in love. All there is, is a baby that's, FYI, still inside of me."

And of course Atlas remains quiet. He always does when he's confronted with whatever the hell he did wrong. I'm sure in the world of Atlas Storm, there's no such thing as him making mistakes.

"How did you convince Athena to play along?"

Nothing.

Is it still considered murder when I tripped with a knife in my hand and accidentally ended up stabbing him to death?

"Fucking talk to me, Storm," I command. He owes me answers. "Answer my questions."

His mouth finally opens, but then I remember something else. Something I'd much rather get an answer to before I get into a huge fight with Atlas.

I turn towards my brother, eyes filled with anger, or so I'd say based on what I feel inside. "So when the fuck is your wedding then, huh?"

Some kind of guilt washes over his face, but I don't feel an ounce of empathy.

"Sierra, don't get mad, please," he says. At least he's aware of being an asshole.

"Don't get mad? For gods sake, Cody, you were supposed to get married! But apparently, you're not. And as it seems, I'm the last person to find out!"

He nervously rakes a hand through his hair. "Athena and I kind of eloped."

I scoff. "This just keeps getting worse, I hope you know that." Eloped. "When?"

"A month ago," he says, "we're still going to have a real wedding, just not today."

I nod, slowly, trying to process their lies. I've been lied to all my life, and those stupid lies just keep on coming. Just great.