ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜

     𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜

And just like that, I have an incoming call

And just like that, I have an incoming call. He's far too predictable.

"Sierra?" His deep voice comes through the phone like Satan himself was calling me.

"Oh, hello. Is this Pizza Hut? I'd like a pizza with broccoli, please. And ham. And this yellowish sauce that I believe is called hollandaise sauce," I say, not even acknowledging Atlas saying my name.

Atlas sighs on the other end of the phone. "Sweetheart, that's not funny." It is, he's just a stuck-up billionaire with no sense of humour. "Do you actually want a pizza though?"

Thinking about it, I might. It was supposed to be a joke, but who the hell turns down some pizza? Except Atlas, of course. I just bet he never even tried pizza before.

"Yes. So I might order it. Would you like something to eat? Oh, wait—when will you be home? I can order for that time." I pause for a second. "They should offer salads."

"I'm not sure when I'll be done here. I'm in the middle of a conference meeting right now," he tells me.

Suddenly my cheeks feel a lot hotter than they did before. Why the hell is Atlas on the phone with me when he is in a meeting? With approximately a million people in the same room as him. Okay, maybe not a million...but it's the same fucking thing.

"Why did you call when you're in a meeting?" I ask as I force myself off the couch to walk around the house for a little while. Or play with Taco. Though, he's asleep on the couch and I don't want to wake him up.

"Business can wait," he says is if it's an explanation.

"Great. So, get back to it. I lo—I'll order in, for myself. Goodbye."

"Sweetheart." His voice is harsh as he stops me from hanging up. "I'll be forty minutes. And you won't order in, I'll go buy it." Just as he says it, I can hear doors close, probably the ones of the conference room.

"Atlas, no. I bet this meeting is important!" I can't believe this man is a CEO. How the hell does he keep a company standing when he leaves meetings like he doesn't care?