Chapter 1 ◆◆ Die for You

Chapter 1-Die For You

"The truth is never as easy to obtain, as pure as you wish for or what it may appear to be. Nothing ever that real or valuable can ever be that clean cut to find.. The treasures of the world are always found in the deepest darkest corners people never want to explore waiting for that right person who's too terrified of what lies behind them to travel backwards. The truth will hurt and if it doesn't it's not the truth you're looking for. Forever be terrified of any truth sugar coated for if it's easy to take in it'd kill you to heal and release it."

Chance

Flashback

"El Padre" I stepped up knocking on the bass of the thick mahogany door leading to my father's office. Waiting a couple of seconds, I stood ideally next to the door hoping to hear his voice on the other side instead of the silence I've been accustomed to over the past year.

Knocking again harder this time.. I started a sequence of knocks each getting louder and more attentive, hoping but knowing at all at the same time that he wasn't inside waiting like he promised he would be. But these days the man who taught me that a man who doesn't stand by his word wasn't a man at all was his self was looking like shell of the man idolized more and more each day.

His promises meant nothing, his commands never held any weight, and I basically could get away with any and everything I knew would've gotten my skinny ass knocked clean across the room if he was the man I grew up with but sh*t was different now and so was he.

Yet and still today I let my hopes cloud my judgement and the reality that he yet again lied to me angered me more like I'd liked to admit. I could feel the intensity of my anger rising with each knock.. Now constant banging against the door. I could feel the pain starting to shoot up, down and through my hand but for some reason it was least of my worries.

Forgetting all about the bouquet of purple lilies in my hand I know my mother would have loved, my free hand not banging against the side of the door wildly and violently became clenched practically crushing the flowers before they went flying against the wall in frustration

Somehow the pain made the loss and remorse fade to the back of my mind, the anger raging inside of me taking its place.

Unconsciously everything in my vision became red; I wanted to destroy everything in sight that reminded of what used to be. What my life you used to be, what our family used to be like, when I didn't feel so lost and actually felt like I had someone left in this world who really give a f*ck...

The pictures on the wall in the hallway came first as I began to slap them off the walls, the glass flying everything cutting up my arms but I didn't feel the pain. I refused to look at the smiling faces seemingly happy when in reality sh*t was anything but now. Right now I couldn't handle seeing the happiness of the past cause it reminded me of how sorrowful the present was and how dreadful I saw the future becoming.

Being only fifteen I didn't know how to deal with this emotion or hatred I was feeling only that I wanted to release it all and stop the constant horrible feeling I felt all the time. I never felt like anyone actually gave a f*ck anymore and all that fake ass crying everyone did that I saw firsthand only was a show that pissed me off.

It had been two years exactly 'til this day that my mother left this earth and not a soul on this earth except me seemed to even care not even my father who sworn up and down he loved her than life itself. I used to think it too, hell maybe even hope for the type of relationship they shared. Where one finished each other's sentences, where they granted each other complete trust and if one had a problem with anything the other would hear each other before the problem got out of hand.