Chapter 4 ◇◇ Forgotten Love Chronicles

Chapter 4- Forgotten Love Chronicles

"I know they say the first love is the sweetest, But that first cut is the deepest. I tried to keep us together you were busy keeping secrets...Secrets you were telling everybody but me" - Aubrey Drake Graham

Flashback

The irises in her eyes were always twinkling, sparkling almost like gems waiting to be found after centuries of being hidden away from civilization. The color of them wasn't unfamiliar or even uncommon, it was simply how the dark brown almost black always seemed to draw me in .. capturing the light just enough to make her eyes glow up and then I get lost just for a moment.

Only for her to run away leaving me confusing as to why she avoids me like contagious disease jumping at the chance to infect her.

She confused me always but more than anything now she always left me wondering.. why she always ran, was it me who she wanted to avoid at all costs, was it just her nature to want to be left alone now but we've grown up?

I've known her my whole life yet and still I haven't discovered an answer.

She was my first friend if she'd still liked to be called that; we all grew up as family though she wasn't my blood she was family. Her, Joey, and me all being born around the same time, her being the youngest and Joey the oldest I was left in the middle yet always seemed to be the leader of our group of sorts.

My father once told me it didn't matter that I wasn't the oldest, biggest, or the loudest in the room, leaders are destined to step forward even if they were the last choice. He'd never steered me wrong at the time yet so his words were always gospel to me.

Now I knew better and the father I grew up with wasn't exactly the man I lived with anymore...

Some part of me subconsciously didn't want to step forward to finding out exactly what about her intrigued me no matter how much I thought I wanted to solve her mystery. Maybe she was just a box of unknowns I wasn't supposed to find out in the first place.. maybe now she supposed to be someone else's friend and it was their job to unlock and solve the mystery that was her.

After years of telling myself that I couldn't just walk away or let her run anymore, I needed an answer and I think she needed one from me too even if I couldn't give it to her.

So momentarily I stood watching her from afar while she cried her the hardest I'd seen her cry since we were around six after she tried to climb a tree behind me and joey only ending up with falling off the bark and scarring up his knees badly.

The sun was long gone and the only light that was illuminating the sky was the small crescent moon and the dim lights from the far right corner of the house, she sat with her knees up to her chest, body curled up together nearly in the fetal position. Her hands were covering any view of her face except for when her face began to be overwhelmed by the tears and she needed to wipe them away, I would see the glistening light caught in her eyes and even while she was crying I would get lost and the time would stand still.

I would stay with my hands tucked in the pockets of my pants by the doorway leading outward to the patio steps she sat on watching her and thinking of a way I could help make whatever what was wrong better but coming up empty.

These days I couldn't help myself so how was I supposed to help her...

It seemed like hours we were still in the same positions her crying her heart out and me watching not knowing how to help but it couldn't have been more than few minutes before I lost the train of thought of how I wanted to help her and decide to just try.