Chapter 16 ◇◇ Tell The Children : Part 2

Chapter 16 - Tell The Children Part 2

"It is amazing how kind and forgiving she is. She may not be an angel but her insides are delightfully angelic" - Bshayer F.R.

Devyn

"If I don't like the surprise I can take it back, right Goddie and Uncle Chance?" He asked out loud without even attempting to whisper lowly despite the fact that Lil Hayden was standing right in front of me.

The moment Jace spoke his statement I looked down to see Lil Hayden stepping back behind his father's leg holding onto it and hiding slightly behind it. He had a sullen sad look in his eyes that made me want to cry for him..

"Jace don't.." I went to scold Jace only to cut off.

"Make me go get that belt Jaceon!! Stop being a lil bad ass to your new play cousin." Dre's voice boomed from a distance as he descended down the staircase. As soon as the words belt flew out of Dre's mouth, Jace jumped startled and the little mug on his face switched up quick.

"I sorry" he rambled quickly apologizing to Lil Hayden. He then detached his self from beside me and went to the slight underpass by the staircase and grabbed a handful of hotwheel cars and trucks "You wanna play with my trucks??" he asked as he walked back towards us, stopping a few feet in front of Chance and Lil Hayden.

He extended handful of toys towards Lil Hayden who only looked blankly at him, shaking his head no from side to side.

"That boy don't want to play with cheap toys after you done fouled him.. let him ghost ride the lambo and you go get on that lil tricycle thing ya grandma bought you for being bad." Dre said as he walked by Jace rubbing his head in circles.

If it was one person who could get Jace in line the rare times he overstepped his boundaries it was Dre. Dre played around and said a bunch of outlandish sh*t sometimes but he was a good father to Jace and a stern hand when needed still Jace hadn't even been beaten to my knowledge but the mere mention of a belt and his daddy in the same sentence sent him running.

Dani was always the nice soft spoken parent that would melt the minute Jace shed a few tears or hit her with the puppy dog eyes. Honestly though I couldn't blame her because I was the same way when it came to him getting his way.

"What's up Bonnie and Clyde 2.0?? Ya'll ain't rob no bank on the way over here right?? Ion need twelve kickin down my door or nothin" Dre laughed approaching us while I rolled my eyes and mouthed a "fuck you" to him silently as he dapped Chance up.

"Ayee sweetheart can you watch him for me?? We gotta run some business over real quick." Chance turned to me with an impassive look in his eyes and blank face. His body language spoke volumes for the words he didn't feel the need to say.

Knowing like I did I knew his silent routine he was kind of giving to me more about him than me but that didn't take away the urge to want to break down that wall of thoughts and secrets he was holding so tightly.

Biting my lip to keep from cursing his high yellow ass out, I nodded my head silently agreeing.

"Thanks baby." He walked over to me and kissed my forehead quickly.

"Be nice to my son, lil solider" He nudged Jace in the shoulder lightly as he passed him before Dre and him started up the stairs.

"Come on sweetie" I reached out for Lil Hayden's hand however instead he reached both of his hands up as if he wanted me to pick him up. As I heisted him up slowly onto my hip he laid his head on my shoulder softly as soon as I had secured him.