Chapter 13 ◆◆ Drive Thru Expectations : Part 2

Chapter 13- Drive Thru Expectations Part 2

"Looking at you, I wish that I could be better.. That I could rewind time and allow my mind not to be tainted before you. They say only the small things really matter and I'd have to agree because when you look at me, I swear I fade into transparency and you can see straight through me.."

Sekai

His attention and concentration was centered on wrapping the beige medical bandage around my ankle carefully. His administrations were gentle and soft as if each movement was thought of in advance with care and nothing but good intentions.

My back was propped up against the inside of the back of his Grey G-Wagon as he tended to my wounds. The moment he carried me out of the club and into the dark night, he didn't ask me any more questions and I didn't say anything to destroy the silence.

He gave me the freedom to point him in the direction of where to go and take me but I just freely gave him that power right back.. Mainly because even if I wanted to tell him a place to take me, I still wouldn't have nowhere to go would have made me any different than how I felt getting my wounds taken care of in the back of G- Wagon.

Belonging to no one and no place was what I was. I didn't fit in anywhere and I didn't have a home. I never did and probably never will. Me fleeing the scene back Ocala and ending up here was my shot at trying to gain a home for myself even if the only person I had to love me was me.

Home was where the heart was so as long as I tried to love me through all of the insecurities and self inflicted destruction then I thought I would be fine.. But I was wrong.

Loving myself and attempting to reclaim my life under my own direction for the first time wasn't even enough to set myself free.. And now I realized I just had to do what I had to do.

No distance could break the chains loose that we shackled to me as a baby and no love not even my own could overshadow the hold that controlled me. I was puppet on a string much like Pinocchio the only difference was that instead of my malfunction being that my nose grew everytime I lied.. my problem was that lying was what I was made to do and what my purpose was even if I did my job right blood would shed.

I just had to decide was it going to be my blood dripping down on the floor of this cold hardwood tile draining the life from my body I never even got to experience living in or would be someone else's life being taken from them for God knows what reason.

This time and every other time I chose to save myself... I just wonder when I'd stop being a coward and just end myself the way I'd helped end countless of other lives..

"Who needs a doctor when I got you"

I smiled and bit down hardly into the meat of the side of my cheek. Nearly drawing blood, I chewed the flesh on the inside of my cheek trying to remain cool as keep my head on straight.

My nerves were out and shot completely whenever I was in his presence. (***)Rahkim Imari... was his name but even since fat crayons, I couldn't see him writing or displaying chaos. And His plan wasn't damage this I knew. (***) I could feel his persona radiating off of him and for some reason it screams serenity to me.

Peaceful probably wasn't in the nature of his language anymore, the man did just pull a pistol from his waistband less than an hour ago in front of a crowd of people dismissively and nonchalantly as he was bending down and tying his shoes. Common sense told me he was dangerous but a different kind of dangerous that I'd hadn't known yet.