Gravity | 3 | Then

"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody." - Mark Twain

🦂

Gravity

Then

We were sitting on a park bench, it was already 3am but apparently he couldn't get enough of me talking about my whole life.

His phone meanwhile had rang at least 50 times. Well not that many times but it sure felt like that. He kept pressing on the red 'Decline' button. My mind went to 500 different places. What if he had a girlfriend? What if he had a whole family waiting for him or even children? What if he was a criminal and the police were calling him? What if it was an emergency and he was ignoring it and the Person on the other end is currently dying?

It rang for the 51st time. I sighed "Maybe you should get that." Hunter frowned "Sorry. I'll be right back. Don't leave." I wasn't planning to but I obviously am not going to tell him that.

He got up and walked away before picking up the phone. I looked around feeling really out of place. Why was I even here I didn't even know this guy. Stupidity was the only right answer. My Mother would literally faint and die from a heart attack, after yelling at me if she had thought me nothing about not going anywhere with a stranger. But how else was I supposed to make friends?

Hunter was pacing up and down while looking around. Was he looking for someone? He glanced at me for a second before turning away.

I shifted uncomfortably. I wondered who had called him at 3am. What could possibly be so important that it couldn't wait until morning. Maybe a girlfriend? A really angry one, one who was waiting for her boyfriend to return home after work but instead he never came. I really hope it's not a girlfriend.

I started looking around the park to see who he was searching with his eyes, there were only a few people left. Most of them were men. No woman would walk around alone at 3am at central park. That's just suicidal.

I sighed loudly when I saw a men approach Hunter.

The guy was heavily tattooed, at least that's what i assumed it was. It wasn't lit enough to really pinpoint it. Hunter stuffed his phone back into his pocket while they hastily talked. So I assumed they know each other.

The other one was eyeing at me before returning his whole attention back to Hunter. I saw myself getting kidnapped and literally sex trafficked. What was I doing in a park alone with some random men?

Panic rose inside my chest, I need to leave. I need to leave right now. This wasn't good. I immediately stood up. Sweat covered my back. What the hell was happening right now?

I looked around for anything that could help me get away from both these men. There was nothing but a trashcan and some small sticks on the ground. Great. I already saw the headlines for tomorrow morning.

'Young Woman found strangled in Central Park'

'Young Woman kidnapped? Help Find Gravity Lily Griffin'

'Young Woman raped and killed. Help identify Body!'

Hunter nodded at the men before he proceeded to walk towards me. I gasped for air. I'm going to die, my shoulders tensed. I tried to calm myself down so he wouldn't notice my panic.