Hunter | 9 | Then

"And a special thanks for not burning up the whole ship. Including yourself, you daft bum-rag." - Scott Westerfeld

🦂

Hunter

Then

I fucked up.

I wanted to meet her for coffee after work but the boys weren't able to work shit out without me, making me stay way too long. I didn't call or text her at all because I still thought I might make it.

I didn't.

By the time I wanted to text her my phone was gone. I couldn't find it for the death of me, which is why I got a new one already waiting for me at home, but right now there was no way I could get home in time and contact her.

Annoyed was an understatement. I was furious, I liked Gravity and I was already messing things up between us. Thanks to these fuckers.

The night she slept in my bed the guys literally harassed me to get out of my room because they wanted to talk about important shit. Apparently my relationship with Gravity was so important to them they dragged me out of bed at 2 in the morning.

When I went outside they first made fun of me for just cuddling with her. After they were done mocking me they stated facts on why being with her was the dumbest idea I've ever had.

Lucas liked her from the second she walked in the house with me but Lorenzo was skeptical. He always was. He kept telling me that it was a stupid idea to fool around with the bosses daughter. I didn't care.

He wasn't my boss and I sure as fuck wasn't going to stop seeing her because my dad works with her father.

Poor soul didn't even know that her dad wasn't just a simple businessman but part of a much, much bigger and worse thing.

He was one of those nasty people, smuggling drugs around the globe and making his money by selling them in large amounts and sending assassins around to take care of people creating problems. She obviously didn't knew.

Gravity was pure in every humanly way and I liked that about her. I felt carefree with her. I obviously wasn't going to tell anyone about that. Lucas knew though, he always knew.

"Hunter." I lifted my gaze from the table to the voice, calling me. "Did you listen to anything I talked about the past 10 minutes?" was my fathers question. I simply nodded.

Of course I didn't listen, my thoughts were all over the place, mostly by Gravity and her soft lips the other night.

"Hunter, you have to be here 100 percent not only with your body." my father explained. I sat up. "I am fully here. Keep going." I responded, my gaze wandering around to the boys scattered around the big table in my fathers office.

He had called us into a meeting because as I already said, the guys are too stupid to handle anything on their own.

Lucas had a stupid knowingly grin on his face. I quickly flipped him off and turned my attention back on my father.

"There will be a large but very spontaneous amount of cocaine delivered at 1am at the dock. I need some of you to keep an eye on the people unloading the things." I rolled my eyes. He really wanted us to do the dirty work? What the fuck?

"Aren't there other people you can send? Some less important people perhaps?" I asked, annoyance trifling from my words.

The last time he sent me to eye the people unloading the shit he sells I was 19, I'm 24 now. I'm not doing that again.