Hunter | 19 | Then

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." - Andre Gide

🦂

Hunter

Then

Finding Gravity probably is the hardest fucking thing I had to do in a while. No one knew where she was or where she possibly could be. It was like the earth split and swallowed her into the pits of fucking hell.

There was no way I was going to find her with all her limbs still attached to her. The thought of her being harmed made my blood boil, I was ready to murder anyone on this planet just to find her.

I tortured at least 4 different men, some who gave me information about her apparent whereabouts, but everytime we went to check there was not even a single thing that indicated that she ever was there.

I searched every corner, every warehouse, every fucking building in New York City and still no Gravity in sight.

Twirling my ice in my whiskey glass I take a deep breath. "And what was the exact reason you decided spying on me was a good idea?" I ask the guy in front of me.

I shoved myself away from the wall and stepped closer to him. He is tied up on a chair, all bloodied up. Lucas has no mercy when it comes to beating someone up.

The guys wheezes in pain. "I was hired to do so. I already told you everything I know. I never met the boss, just some underman of his, that gave me the messages." I take a sip of the whiskey and nod.

"Right, then." I lick my lips and turn around to place the glass on the table. "So you have no clue where the girl they kidnapped is?" The guy sobs and shakes his head. "I swear I didn't even knew there was a kidnapping involved." He takes a shaky breath. "He just said I have to tell them everything you do and keep them updated and I did."

Again I nod, swirl around and slam my fist into his face. He lets out a scream and spits some blood out to the ground next to him, still crying. "You're going to tell me everything you told him. Everything. Where is the fucking phone?"

The guy shakes his head again, this time he pathetically chokes on his tears. "Please, I have a family. They're going to kill them." As if I gave a shit.

The moment he helped those fuckers he was a dead man. Fuck him and his family. I couldn't care less.

"Look, if you tell me where you meet up with the messager, I will do whatever it takes to keep you family save." His eyes lit up. What a naïve man he was. "We met in a warehouse. Always at the same one."

He gave me the adress and even told me where he was hiding is phone. I guess family is still important for some people. For me it's not. I don't give a shit about my dad.

The only person I care about has been gone for the past 72 hours. No one has heard anything from her. We don't even fucking know if she is alive still.

If she died because I took too long to find her I'll curl up in a ball and die next to her. There is no world I'd like to live in without her. I don't want to exist in a world where she isn't anymore

"Alright, Lucas. He is in no use for us anymore." I say, turn around and take my whiskey before I chug it.

Pleading fills the room, the man begs for his life, a loud Bang and an eerily quiteness overcomes the poorly lit cellar.