Chapter 12

A piercing scream echoed around the plaza, startling Serephina. Her hand flew, gripping Nicolas arm so hard that he yelped.

"What was that?" Her voice broke.

He pulled her away, leading back to the parking. "Whatever it is, we're not staying to find out." She nodded, allowing him to led her. Their "date" had been going fine until now. Serephina had learned quite a few things about Nicolas like the fact that he hated tomatoes, cats, and he got tremendous allergies on Eclipses(which was the funniest she had heard in a long time).

"So your like a werewolf but instead of turning into a cool ginormous wolf you turn into a freak with allergies," she had chuckled. "Oh and it should be cooler because its an eclipse and not full moon. Tell me how does it feel?"

Nicolas had rolled his eyes, stealing a bite from her gyro. "Hey!" Serephina smacked him in the arm. Nicolas had smiled.

Serephina kept looking back, she didn't know the reason from her uneasiness, but something had her on edge. There were people who would give their lives for them as well as there were people who would kill them. Some tribes located deep in the woods of Quinwal opposed of the Bloodlust, for they found it a opprobrium to the gods. And Serephina wouldn't put it past them to attack here in the plaza full of innocent people.

"Wow!" Nicolas steadied her as she almost stumbled with an elderly women.

"Oh gods I'm so sorry." She had been so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't even noticed that there was someone crossing the street. If it hadn't been for Nicolas she would have run over the elderly woman.

The elderly woman waved a hand dismissively. "Not to worry, sweetie. If it weren't for that cloud of teenagers nobody would be running over anyone." She smiled, clearly not recognizing them or she didn't care, and strolled along.

"Cloud of teenagers?" Nicolas asked, a brow raised. Before Serephina could response a mob of rash teenagers hauled in front of them.

"Omg!!! You guys are the couple blood-bonded!" one of them shrieked. Crowds gathered around them, throwing them suspicious glances.

Oh gods, no. We're attracting too much attention, Serephina thought.

Shit, we have to get out of here, Serephina swore she heard Nicola' thoughts.

"Can I get your autograph?" A reddish brown hair girl squeaked so close to Nicolas' ear that he covered his ear trying his best to maintain a smile. Serephina smiled for a few girls doing her best to move along as she did.

It wasn't until she saw a striking flash that she realized the media had arrived. "Nicolas—the media." He nodded gripping her hand and leading her as fast as he could towards the parking. The mob followed them and Serephina could have sworn they were making noise on purpose. Some goblins blocked their way taking as much pictures as they could; Nicolas stepped in front of Serephina blocking her from the pictures.

Thank you, she mouthed to him staring up at him.

We gonna make a run for it, he seemed to say to her.

On three? Serephina offered.

He gave a slight nod. One...Two...Three!

They sprinted, letting go of each other and Serephina felt it as a punch in the gut. They ran as fast as they could(or at least she ran as fast as she could) cause judging by Nicolas long, slender legs he could definitely run faster. Serephina could hear the mob running after them screaming like shrieking sirens. Thunder rumbled in the now gray sky.

For some random reason, Serephina began to giggle. She couldn't stop even when they reached the car. She jumped in buckling her seat belt, still giggling.

Nicolas looked at her sideways as he turned the engine on."Why you laughing?" His voice came out strict, but he was smiling like a buffoon.

Serephina continued laughing. "Just drive!"

The mob was closing in, nearing the car with unforeseen speed. Nicolas turned the car around and again drove like a maniac. They hit the road before the rain started pouring.

"You know this 'date' wasn't that bad," she admitted.

Nicolas had a wolfish grin. "You're surprised?"

She huffed looking out the window, grinning herself too.